🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I suddenly stopped getting jobs. I really app...
Page options
iowaqas
Community Member

I suddenly stopped getting jobs. I really appreciate if someone help me review my profile.

Hello,

I am not really sure what happened but since a month I haven't recieved a single reply from a client. I have applied to lots of jobs which fall directly under my skillset and now re-filled my connects but no luck. I did edit my profile when increasing my hourly rate from $15 to $20 a month ago, I also did some changes in my profile which makes me think I might have done something wrong in my profile and that's why I am getting no replies.

I'd really appreciate if anyone is willing to have a look and help me spot a problem with my profile?

Thank you and happy to be part of the UpWork community.
Waqas

9 REPLIES 9
florydev
Community Member

I would ditch the Hey, I'm Waqas.  Your name is already presented to them when they are reviewing profiles and proposols there is really no reason to repeat it.  Instead I would try to find one - two lines as a really great intro to what you can do for a client.  I think it is important to understand the core problem that your clients have and be able to speak to that and make them feel that you will handle it competently and efficently.

But overall I would say this just happens, that nearly everyone goes through slumps.  It is important when work is coming in consistently not to get lulled into a false sense of security and be prepared for the next coming slump.  It is also important to find multiple channels of new clients and not rely on any one thing.

Noureldin N wrote:

Mr Mark, Can you check my profile also ? 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0119d77303055db2c1

I think you should probably start your own thread about this.   Let's let Waqas get the feedback he wants on his.

Noureldin N wrote:

Well if Mark can't be bothered because he reached the zenit of Guru-ness, let me take this on: Your profile is very chaotic. First you talk about your zodiac sign, which music you like, that you are left-handed, intermingled with prior experience. Your text needs structure, and don't talk about yourself in the third person, I personally find that weird. 

You need to tell the reader - a potential client - what you can do for him, and why you are the best person to hire for it. Your rate, though, might kick you out of the running at the start. 

Martina P wrote:

Noureldin N wrote:

Well if Mark can't be bothered because he reached the zenit of Guru-ness, let me take this on: Your profile is very chaotic. First you talk about your zodiac sign, which music you like, that you are left-handed, intermingled with prior experience. Your text needs structure, and don't talk about yourself in the third person, I personally find that weird. 

You need to tell the reader - a potential client - what you can do for him, and why you are the best person to hire for it. Your rate, though, might kick you out of the running at the start. 

No, today I have descended to the realm of the mere mortals.

Thanks for the laugh Martina!

iowaqas
Community Member

Thank you for your reply Mark! It's just been couple of months freelancing on UpWork and I believe it does take a good time so I am going to be alignign myself and making sure I sure myself for the next time when I am out of jobs for a month.

Thank you once again and I hope I get more replies since my thread has someone else's questions too.

Good day,

Waqas

florydev
Community Member

Waqas M wrote:

Thank you for your reply Mark! It's just been couple of months freelancing on UpWork and I believe it does take a good time so I am going to be alignign myself and making sure I sure myself for the next time when I am out of jobs for a month.

Thank you once again and I hope I get more replies since my thread has someone else's questions too.

Good day,

Waqas

Honestly Waqas, I would post again with a different title because I think your thread is hijacked.  I know that double posting in the forums is a no-no but I think we can forgive you this time.

Nevermind, Robin is continuing it as it should be go with that!

Waqas,

Here's another profile review for you.  Take out most of the "I am, I, I, I".  Title should be just be: 3D Artist & Graphic Designer.  

Focus on what you can do for your clients, not the "I".  Your first few lines are what a client sees in a search so make sure they are good and make you stand out from the other designers.  

You're in a competitive field, but if you continue to give good service to your clients and it shows in your Top Rated, 100% JSS, you should be getting jobs.  

Apply to the ones that interest you and you know you can do well.  Customize your proposal.  Be persistent. 

Good luck!

I agree with what Mark has already told you. It looks like you've got good experience and reviews, so I don't think that you should worry; I'm sure that things will pick up for you again.

But if I were you, I'd change the profile title to "Award-winning 3D Artist and Graphic Designer". It's true, and I think that it'd be a good marketing move.

Thank you Christine, that's a very neat marketing move and it's true as well. I should have actually thought about it but it also makes sense that I haven't really dealt with much of marketing and business relations. Thank you, It's just a start and I am happy to be here.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members