» Forums » Freelancers » I sure of clients
Page options
williamsdonna97
Community Member

I sure of clients

I received this is it safe?

Mary April 12:46 PM

Dear Applicant,

The proposal submitted for the job position has been be received, we have scheduled you among the applicants that will take part in the final job selection screening exercise.

A project invite with instructions on how to proceed is shared below.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

NOTE: Provide the entry code is #upwork-transcribe-audio-memo-word-doc# include this at the top of your message.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
PDF File
3 REPLIES 3
christopherbudde
Community Member

Sounds like a scam but if you decide to do the interview don't give them and personal information, don't send any money and don't do any free work. If they request any of these, they are a scam.

renata101
Community Member

Hi Donna,

Just so you know, data entry is one job category that is currently innundated with scam job ads.  It's important to keep your communication with clients on the Upwork platform before you are hired.

It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with how the Upwork platform works so that you're not caught offguard by anything a scam client does or asks for.  It would be good to find out what it looks like when you get an offer. A lot of scammers take advantage of the fact the people sometimes don't know if they've been hired or not.

This article describes red flags for scams:
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

williamsdonna97
Community Member

Thanks I didn't do the interview.  They shut down her account.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members