🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I suspect a client accidentally selected "job...
Page options
benaleh
Community Member

I suspect a client accidentally selected "job completed unsuccessfully" instead of "successfully"

I suspect a client accidentally selected "job completed unsuccessfully" instead of "successfully" due my JSS dropping from 100% to 96%. I think I know who did this but I am unsure if is inappropriate or awkward to ask. If I found out she accidentally clicked "unsuccessful" I would just open up the feedback for her to change it. The contract was worth $6000 so it is enough to make a big impact on my JSS.

Here is why I think it was an accident:
I suspect this because, in the past month, only 3 jobs close(all within the last 2 weeks). 2 of them are from the same client- I am now on my 3rd contract with this client and I know she is happy based on 2 five-star reviews as well as a written review. 

The client that I suspect marked "unsuccessful" by accident closed her contract this morning- This client left me a 5-star review with a lengthy paragraph about why she thinks I am so so great to work with.

So should I ask her? The outcome is either I am wrong about which client marked me poorly in private or she did make the error.  I am going to start a new contract with her soon but I don't what things to get awkard. 

Thoughts?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ben Y wrote:

I think I know who did this but I am unsure if is inappropriate or awkward to ask.

Yes, it would be inappropriate to ask. Also, it's the actual private feedback that has the impact on the JSS.

Also, clients don't generally "accidentally" leave poor private feedback. They do so deliberately.

Ben Y wrote:

The client that I suspect marked "unsuccessful" by accident closed her contract this morning

The JSS was updated yesterday, so a contract that was closed today can't possibly have had any impact. I don't see a contract that closed on the 22nd or the 23rd... only one that closed on the 21st on your profile? I also see only that one contract in your history since the last update? You said there were 3 in the last 2 weeks? Only contracts that closed between the 8th and the 22nd could have had an effect on the JSS on this recent update (the one on the 22nd)

Ben Y wrote:

If I found out she accidentally clicked "unsuccessful" I would just open up the feedback for her to change it.

Private feedback can't be changed, so there would be absolutely no point.

Ben Y wrote:

So should I ask her?

No, absolutely don't ask her because a) it's inappropriate and b) it's pointless because from what you said about the timing that contract wasn't what affected the JSS and even if it was, there is absolutely nothing you could do about it anyway.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Ben Y wrote:

I think I know who did this but I am unsure if is inappropriate or awkward to ask.

Yes, it would be inappropriate to ask. Also, it's the actual private feedback that has the impact on the JSS.

Also, clients don't generally "accidentally" leave poor private feedback. They do so deliberately.

Ben Y wrote:

The client that I suspect marked "unsuccessful" by accident closed her contract this morning

The JSS was updated yesterday, so a contract that was closed today can't possibly have had any impact. I don't see a contract that closed on the 22nd or the 23rd... only one that closed on the 21st on your profile? I also see only that one contract in your history since the last update? You said there were 3 in the last 2 weeks? Only contracts that closed between the 8th and the 22nd could have had an effect on the JSS on this recent update (the one on the 22nd)

Ben Y wrote:

If I found out she accidentally clicked "unsuccessful" I would just open up the feedback for her to change it.

Private feedback can't be changed, so there would be absolutely no point.

Ben Y wrote:

So should I ask her?

No, absolutely don't ask her because a) it's inappropriate and b) it's pointless because from what you said about the timing that contract wasn't what affected the JSS and even if it was, there is absolutely nothing you could do about it anyway.

benaleh
Community Member

I'll accept this snarky reply 🤣
petra_r
Community Member

Ben Y wrote:
I'll accept this snarky reply 🤣

If you think that is snarky.... 🤣

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members