🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I think my first client is a scammer
Page options
88a95d47
Community Member

I think my first client is a scammer

After I sent a proposal I got a message from the client to message **Edited for Community Guidelines** on Telegram, thinking it was an interview for my application. Instead, he sent me the link for WeTransfer right away and told me to start immediately. He did not have much to say. I asked why is our transaction not under Upwork, he said he is having issues making payments and taking orders that's why he brought me to Telegram. Now I am skeptical in sending the files that I just did the whole day, this is not right.

These kind of people should not be allowed here on this app. People are actually trying to make a living here.

4 REPLIES 4
0e28e927
Community Member

Hey, the same situation has happened to me, be careful, it's just a waste of time. 

e74d757a
Community Member

Do not send the work to him. It is definitely a scam. Once you hear or see Telegram,  run.

the-right-writer
Community Member

Stop applying for jobs until you read this post and follow every link. You are violating the Terms of Service and not only will you be scammed, you can permanently lose your Upwork account. I am stunned that people continue to dive into unfamiliar water without a second thought. Then, you blame the problem on Upwork? Upwork has serious issues, but holding Upwork responsible for people violating the Terms isn't one of them.

2e808ad5
Community Member

Is always for the best to apply for projects with Payment verified badge. That means that you are going to get paid. Also if it's hourly rate, makesure to use the tracker when working.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members