cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think the job i'm doing is illegal

redditorforhire

A client asked me to replace details of a legal document for a job that my proposal was accepted(graphic design job) and fully funded. I did not think much of it until a colleague of mine told me that what I was doing was most likely a felony in the client's country. What do I do in this case?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I would let the client know that you've found out what they are asking is illegal and that you will not do the work for them.  Honesty is the easiest policy.  I would still report the original job post as well.  As for ending the contract, I'm betting they will do so on their own.  Your JSS may take a small hit, but at least you will still have your account.

Also, send a link to the job posting and any important information that you can to either Vladimir G or Valeria K here on the forum.  You should see them listed on the left side of the forum under Top Solution Authors.  That way support can handle the fraud job posting and save your JSS if possible.

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS