🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I think this person is trying to take advanta...
Page options
lulu_bama
Community Member

I think this person is trying to take advantage of us

Several months ago I sent a proposal to a client from somewhere in the UK, he/she aske to (quote) "**Edited for Community Guidelines**"
I was new in here, naive and in need of work so I accepted, I did the sketch and never heard from the person again. The profile was **Edited for Community Guidelines** which I can't actually find anymore.

Then a couple of months after I read the very same offer, I was wary so I let it pass. Then again, I'm seeing some new offers from a brand new account, where the person show a similar pennant as it was showing in the other offer: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

SOme of the words in the offer are the same as in the last two times i saw the offer, so... I don't really know what's going on in here, because this offer (several offers area active actually) has many "interviewed" freelancers, and I can imagine is that person is actually trying to get all of the work for free...
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

My question is: should I report this person? Should I just let it pass? What do you all suggest?
I don't like being a whistleblower, but getting jobs in here, and opening a path for me in the freelancing world hasn't been easy, and I don't want people who are in the same position of struggling like me, be fooled like this.
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Lourdes,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. Thank you for sharing the details, I will escalate it to our team to investigate it further and take proper actions.

To learn more about protecting yourself check out the Safety First section Here

In order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on a official contract and fulfill the criteria required. Upwork Payment Protection of two sub-programs: Protection for hourly contracts and fixed price contracts. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Lourdes,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. Thank you for sharing the details, I will escalate it to our team to investigate it further and take proper actions.

To learn more about protecting yourself check out the Safety First section Here

In order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on a official contract and fulfill the criteria required. Upwork Payment Protection of two sub-programs: Protection for hourly contracts and fixed price contracts. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran, good night!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members