🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I took a wrong job.
Page options
opeytian
Community Member

I took a wrong job.

Hi everyone, I joined upwork a couple of months ago and I'm trying to build my portfolio. Now the problem is, I took a 10000 words tech review job for five dollars. After accepting the offer, I fell ill and was admitted at the hospital. I decided to end the contract since I wouldn't be able to do it, the client told me I could contact him when I feel better and that's what I did. I contacted him and he sent me the offer again. Now mid-way into the job, I discovered that it's too tedious and I can't pull it off, especially for that amount. Please what do I do
2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If it were me, I would do the job that I agreed to do, at the price that I agreed to be paid. Then I would not underbid on any future projects ever again.

But if that doesn't sound appealing to you, you're free to end the contract and refund the client's money. But if the client gives you negative private feedback, this will affect your future job success score.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Adekunle Christian M wrote:
Hi everyone, I joined upwork a couple of months ago and I'm trying to build my portfolio. Now the problem is, I took a 10000 words tech review job for five dollars. After accepting the offer, I fell ill and was admitted at the hospital. I decided to end the contract since I wouldn't be able to do it, the client told me I could contact him when I feel better and that's what I did. I contacted him and he sent me the offer again. Now mid-way into the job, I discovered that it's too tedious and I can't pull it off, especially for that amount. Please what do I do

2 mistakes: 

1. Ending a job without payment is bad for you (future) rating. You should have left it open until you are able to do it.

2. Accepting a job before evaluating it. You can end it anytime, nobody can force you to complete it. Don't try to negotiate more money, this is just very very unprofessional. 

How would you feel if you were the client? Not too happy, I assume. So brace for bad feedback. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths