🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I used God's name as my name but now I want t...
Page options
giridharsac
Community Member

I used God's name as my name but now I want to change it as real name

When I signed up on upwork to start work with my client at that time I have not used my real name and my agencies also know about it. I used name as God's name and half of my lastname. that time upwork never asked about ID etc and I also do not want to use upwork. Now I want to start earning again and want to start looking for new job but now without using real name I can not trasnfer funds.

I am part of agency and agency knows my real name and they have paid me for all my work, now please let me know how can I change my name to my real name.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I did it and its under review now, not sure how can I verify my ID as well

Hi there, 

Please go to your Account - Settings - Identity verification and click on the Get Started buttonStart this verification process by uploading an official government-issued ID and then proceed with meeting with us for a short video call.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

ok great, so this would work and allow me to have my name then?

Looks like your name change request was already approved, Kunal.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Yes, its partially updated :), I mean on few area I can see but on other I can not see,

Check this URL:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

In loggedin page:  I can still see old name on 'View Profile page', I changed the browser and also opened on Private mode too but its still same.

Can you please let me know when it should be reflected on there as well?

Hi Kunal,

I checked but could not replicate the issue you are experiencing. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies to check if the issue persists?

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members