🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I used fake profile pic while siging up. ...
Page options
89feecd8
Community Member

I used fake profile pic while siging up. May I be allowed to change to my real pic

First of all, I apologize for using a fake picture. When I was creating my upwork account, I used a fake picture. Now I am asked to verify my identity. I am ok to provide documents and use my real picture. But will upwork verify my identiy and also allow me to change profile pic? This is not my actual account. I am afraid upwork may delete my account if they found I used fake pic. Please help. I love upwork than other freelancing sites

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Max,

Just to confirm, have our team reached out to you via ticket about the verification? If yes, you can access your tickets on this Link and follow up directly there. One of our team members will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Max,

Just to confirm, have our team reached out to you via ticket about the verification? If yes, you can access your tickets on this Link and follow up directly there. One of our team members will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Sir, Very thanks for quick reply. May I allowed to change profile picture after verification and fake profile picture will affect my verification process?

Hi Max,

Unfortunately I can't advise you accordingly since I don't have the details of the account you`re referring to. Feel free to follow up on your ticket directly and our team will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks 🙂

Hi Goran, 

I am facing a similar problem. I had used a fake profile picture and my account needs verification, now I want to upload my real picture but it does not allow prior to the verification process. Can you please guide me in this regard. 

-Sadia

Hi Sadia,

Please proceed with completing the verification process. If the team requires additional information for your verification, they will reach out to you directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Max W wrote:

I am afraid upwork may delete my account if they found I used fake pic.

They'll do that anyway if you don't verify your account.

Plus you have now added a second policy violation of having a duplicate account. Do you really think Upwork won't be able to link it to your reall profile with 2 mouse-clicks?

This post is fun. 

The verification bit wasn't such a bad idea....

Luce N wrote:

This post is fun. 

Luce N wrote:

This post is fun. 

My dear Luce, you are a cynic. I'm sure that was the only thing Max (his real name?) lied about. 

researchediting
Community Member

Sometimes love is not enough.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths