🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I used my BDO Debit card number instead o...
Page options
b_eyas
Community Member

I used my BDO Debit card number instead of account number.

Hello!! I used my 16 digit card number of my BDO debit account instead of using my 12 digit account number.Is that okay?Because I withdraw all my earnings last Dec.6,2018.The status of transfer is processed and said expected date delivery dec.11,2018 and upon checking my BDO account,the money has not yet arrived,I want to make sure that it is okay to use the card number instead of account number.Thank you and please reply asap as i need the money thank you...

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jemma, 

This transaction will be rejected by the bank, and will be automatically refunded to your Upwork account. If this doesn't happen after 8-business days (from when you processed the withdrawal), you can contact the Customer Support Team direcly, or update us here so that a trace can be issued for this transaction. 

In the meantime, please remove this payment method from your account, and add the correct payment method to your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jemma, 

This transaction will be rejected by the bank, and will be automatically refunded to your Upwork account. If this doesn't happen after 8-business days (from when you processed the withdrawal), you can contact the Customer Support Team direcly, or update us here so that a trace can be issued for this transaction. 

In the meantime, please remove this payment method from your account, and add the correct payment method to your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
b_eyas
Community Member

Hi,okay I will remove this payment method now,and I will add the correct account. Thank you.

cess0809
Community Member

Hi Jemma,

Same here, i have place my card number instead of account number, it's been 8 days since i withdrawn, and haven't returned back yet to my upwork account.

Thank you,

Cecile

Hi Princess,

Our team can trace your transaction after 8 business days, please keep in mind that weekends are not included in the count.
If you don't receive the funds after 8 business days let us know here and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same here also. I entered my BDO card number instead of ACCOUNT number. I've withdrawn my earnings last Nov. 25, 2019 (according to UpWork the expected delivery date was November 29, 2019) and just realized that until now my earnings still hasn't appeared on my bdo account. I badly need your help. Thank you

Hi Joselle,

Unfortunately we can't reverse/cancel a withdrawal, but rest assured your transaction will be reversed by your bank. If you don't receive your funds after 8 business days let us know here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

This happens also with me, I used 16 digit card number of my BDO account instead of using my 12 digit account number and withdraw all my earnings last January 20, 2020. Same day, I received email from Upwork that payment has been processed and upon checking my BDO account, there's no money transferred on it. I want to make sure that it is okay to use the CARD number instead of the ACCOUNT number. Please enlighten me on this. or what should I do? Thank you

Ginie A wrote:

I want to make sure that it is okay to use the CARD number instead of the ACCOUNT number. Please enlighten me on this. or what should I do?

It is not OK to use the card number. Basically the funds will not be delivered to your account and eventually be sent back to your Upwork account. This will take a week or two, sometimes longer.

There is nothing you can or need to do, it's an automatic process.

Thanks Petra, but do I need to remove the said account and create another payment method? Thanks

Ginie A wrote:

Thanks Petra, but do I need to remove the said account and create another payment method? Thanks

Of course you do, as it isn't correct and funds can't be delivered to it. What would be the point of keeping it?

What I mean,  keep it until I get the refund. So there will be no problem if I delete it. Thanks Petra.

Ginie A wrote:

What I mean,  keep it until I get the refund. So there will be no problem if I delete it. Thanks Petra.

You can remove it straight away. No need to wait. It's going back to your Upwork account, nothing to do with the wrong bank account number.

I got the refund already. Thanks Petra.

6723ac65
Community Member

Would it take another 3 days for it to be approved after I change it to the account number instead? Thank you!

Hi Mary Jane,

For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three calendar days. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6723ac65
Community Member

Thank you for your reply. I changed it Sunday around 4 pm, it's already Wednesday 8 am but I don't see the question mark that shows allow 3 days for it to get activated beside my 4 digit account number anymore. Can I withdraw already or should I just wait till 4pm? Thank you for clarfication!

Hi Mary Jane, 

You may log in to your account and check. It looks like the payment method is already active. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6723ac65
Community Member

I really appreciate the quick response, Miss. I was worried the payment might put on hold if I withdraw it earlier than 4pm later. Thank you for the info!

198c262d
Community Member

Hi,

My brother (Metrobank Account) sent me money using my Card Number (BDO Account) instead of Account Number. I haven't received the money and it's been an hour. Please help me with this matter, thank you.

Hi Kayla,

Could you please clarify if this transfer was made via Upwork? You are in the Upwork Community and we will only be able to help you with transactions completed on Upwork. You may want to contact your bank directly so that they can assist you further. Feel free to message us if you need any assistance with your Upwork account.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi May I know the update, how many days you had waited for this earning receieved in your corrected account number? Your reply will be a great peace of mind. Thank you

Hi Ashlie Dianne,

I can see that you've been in contact with our Support Team and raised a ticket about your concern. I can also see that you added a new payment method last 19- April and it will be active after three days from that day for security reasons.

Please note that If there are any issues with the previous bank account you used, the funds will be returned directly to Upwork and we will immediately credit your account. From there, once your earnings are back in your Upwork account, you can withdraw them to to the new payment method.

Feel free to review the articles shared by the team to learn more about the process or coordinate with them through the same ticket here if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I experienced the same. Is there any process that i need to follow for this to get fixed?

Hi Paul, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that if there is any issue with your bank account information the funds should be returned to your Upwork account. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b307358d
Community Member

Good day! I also have the same problem raised in this chat. I`ve withdrawn my first month salary on upwork using my card number instead of my account number. How will I get a refund or how many days will it take for me to get my salary back? Thank you so much in advance.

Hi Zyrille,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
jehrinah
Community Member

I have the same problem. Do I need to send a message to the bank or anything?

Hi Jehann,

I see that you are referring to the recent fund withdrawal initiated from your Upwork account. I understand your concern. We cannot stop or reverse the transaction from our end. The funds will be automatically returned to your Upwork account in case of invalid or incorrect details. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths