🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I used to be TOP RATED but now I can't get hi...
Page options
icwissy
Community Member

I used to be TOP RATED but now I can't get hired because my Job Score is 0%

I used to have the TOP RATED badge. I had to stop using Upwork for some time and now my Job Score is 0 and I can't get hired. I have spent some money already on connects but unluckily I still haven't got any job since I started rebuilding my profile. I already contacted support and they gave me a fair answer on what to do such as telling the situation in my proposals.

However, I can't even get views. Let's face it, clients nowadays are after freelancers who have the Top Rated badge. I'm thinking of giving up on Upwork. Any advice please?

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Cris Adrian A wrote:

I used to have the TOP RATED badge. I had to stop using Upwork for some time and now my Job Score is 0 and I can't get hired. 

It isn't 0% - you just don't have one. HUGE difference.

Upwork as it is now is very different to the Upwork from 3 years ago. It has become vastly more competitive every year and with the pandemic this year the platform is drowning in freelancers, not just new ones, also those who suddenly remembered their long forgotten Upwork accounts.

At least you have a history, but ending all those 9 contracts at once was not really very wise. 

All you can really do is to keep applying and writing super proposals. Improve your profile. Up your rate, all you'll attract at that low rate are the very clients you shouldn't want to attract...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members