🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I've Been Attempting to Verify My Account, Bu...
Page options
b1a50886
Community Member

I've Been Attempting to Verify My Account, But Nothing is Working

Honestly, I'm having a bit of an anxiety attack, as I continue to attempt to deal with verifying my account. I get stressed out, easily, and doing this for half an hour, has me pulling out my hair. 

I've been trying to verify my account. Here's the thing, I left to be with my grandmother because of the corona, and she got sick (not with the virus). I'm the only nearby family, and I didn't bring any of my identification with me. So, I had to get a picture from an uncle who wore a mask and gloves to my apartment to take it, and it came out blurry and wasn't even posted how it should have been. Now, I'm afraid that it won't get verified which is just driving me crazy because I cannot get another picture, that's the problem. Nobody is willing to leave their houses, especially while on quarantine. 

And then not only that but every time I attempt to check up on my verification, it tells me to do a video verification. And I'm thinking, oh yeah, makes sense, but each time, it loads for about 5 minutes and then exits out before telling me that something had happened and to try again later... half an hour later, it still has not worked. Can someone please help me before I break down and cry?

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kira,

I would recommend clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to complete the process. If you`re still experiencing any problems, feel free to follow up on your ticket with number 28234308. Our team will assist you as soon as possible directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
b1a50886
Community Member

So, while I was able to complete the visual verification, my ID won't go through. Now, in complete honesty, it is a bit of a blurry picture. I hadn't realized that I had to verify my account until I'd already left my own home to go to my grandmother's. She's incredibly sick, and with corona, I have been staying with her, thank goodness that she doesn't have it. With that in mind, my city is on a quarantine lockdown, so I cannot just go back to my house where my ID is. I had my uncle visit my apartment and take a picture of my ID. Unfortunately, he was holding it in his hands, and the picture is a bit blurry, but you can still see that's it's verified. The hologram is there, all of my information is there, but I'm guessing that the system can't identify it. Seeing as though, my account will be going on hold tomorrow, I'd really like to get a solution today. Can I have someone just check over my ID and verify it, please? Upwork has become my main source of profit to care for my grandmother, and myself, so I really don't want to be kicked off when I have the necessary documentation.

I have already purchased about $35 worth of connects, and planning to buy more. I have a card with me, with my legal name and a student ID and/or work ID I can send to verify myself but Upwork doesn't take these. What else can I do?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kira, 

I'm sorry to learn about your situation. I checked your account and can see that you have an open ticket regarding your concern. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case so that they can get back to you and assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members