Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been scammed - How an I request credit for my proposal points

three-eleven
Community Guru
Mike Y Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
21 of 30

we keep quoting this idea over multiple times, but then being said it is not effectively possible and so on, but we keep seeing floods of complaints and same suggestions. Not sure why it is still happening.

@Logan K wrote:

Thanks. Personally I don't see why Upwork allows people to post ads without a verified payment method.

If they can't verify their payment method then what good is the post anyway?

It would help protect freelancers from scammers and keep people from being able to post the hundreds/thousands of ads that they never intended to follow through with.

"Mentally melting down hear the sound of the same old sound going round" Stuck Mojo
rlk2015
Richard K Member Since: Feb 12, 2017
22 of 30

It's absolutely possible but a couple of things I have learned about Upwork in the past 6 years.

1) They are not well endowed with common sense
2)  They really don't give a **Edited for Community Guidelines** about protecting the freelancer

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
23 of 30

Hi Richard,

Please note that Upwork does have protection systems in place and freelancers only need to follow the Upwork ToS in order to avoid scams like the one discussed on this thread. Please review these tips and feel free to report any violation mentioned in the thread by flagging a job post, message or contacting Customer Support directly in case the evidence was shared outside the platform.

On another note, please note that the website link you included in your profile overview and Portfolio samples is also a violation of our ToS and I'd advise you to remove it as soon as possible.

Untitled
bsari1290
Brianna S Member Since: Jan 7, 2020
24 of 30

This is happened to me 2 times. I am also new on UpWork. I've been working in banking for over 10 years and they send you a check to mobile deposit (it's a fake check btw) Once funds are cleared you have to use them exactly how they tell you and a few days later, when the check bounces, you're out of pocket. Funds and fees galore. I need to fnd the solution to the problem. I've lost 4 connects because of this.

djondinium
Community Manager
Aleksandar D Community Manager Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
25 of 30

Hi Brianna,

Could you please send me a PM with more information regarding your report along with the job postings so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
bsari1290
26 of 30

@aleksandar Says I'm not able to message you.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
27 of 30

Hi Brianna, 

I looked into your account further and can confirm that the Connects that you used for these jobs have already been refunded. You may view this by going to your Connects History page (Settings > Membership & Connects > Connects History). If you are referring to different job posts, let us know so that our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
bsari1290
28 of 30

Great thank you so much Avery. Is there a way to report the names of the scammers? There was quite a few names thrown around during the process.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
29 of 30

re: "There was quite a few names thrown around during the process."

probably fake names 

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
30 of 30

Hi Brianna, 

I can confirm that actions have been taken against the client's account for a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

Let me know if I can assist you further regarding this issue.

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS