🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I've opened dispute. Will it affect my profil...
Page options
loyalworker
Community Member

I've opened dispute. Will it affect my profile in any way?

Hi everyone,

Recently, I've successfully finished one of the contracts. Client and I were both happy with the outcome, and mutually left excellent feedback and review. However, client had problems using Upwork from the beginning. As an example, milestone creation was a highly complex task for particular individual. I understand some people arent technically savvy. Biggest issue that occurred is when client accidentally requested escrow refund while ending the contract. Ive explained client what she did, and she apologized and promised it wasnt done on purpose. Client really wanted to pay the remaining amount. Naturally, I had no choice but to open a dispute to get the funds. My question is. Will the fact I started the dispute affect my job success score, or top-rated status? Can I expect any other bad impact to my profile?

Thank you everyone.

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ivan,

Rest assured, the dispute process will not affect your profile in any way. You and your client can inform your dispute agent that this was done by mistake and the dispute agent will assist you both. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your information. Like I said, one of the problems is that client has issues using Upwork. Question is will she know how to respond to dispute.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members