🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I've scammed
Page options
ashton_malvin
Community Member

I've scammed

I've been scammed

You see, I had a contract with a person and I did the job. The following happens.
She pauses the contract and tells me to send her the job.
I innocently sent it to her. payment and the person has never connected to the platform anymore,
I want to know if the payment will come to me one day because it is pending
6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ashton:

It sounds like you made some mistakes here.

That is good!

Because that means you can learn from your mistakes, and then not make those same mistakes again in the future.

If the client paused the contract, then I'm assuming this was an hourly contract?

I know that you were using Upwork incorrectly. Because if we use Upwork correctly, then when we work, we use the desktop time-tracker and we get paid for ALL of the time that we spent working.

There is no issue about sending work to the client. The work belongs to the client.

I always send the work to the client, and I always get paid for the time I spent working on the project.

I used the desktop time-tracker to work with that person. The problem comes
when she got the job and didn't reconnect anymore.

Ashton Malvin H wrote:
I used the desktop time-tracker to work with that person. The problem comes
when she got the job and didn't reconnect anymore.

When did that happen?

Can you explain better what you did and what you think happened?

You are not making sense

mtngigi
Community Member

Ashton Malvin H wrote:
I've been scammed

You see, I had a contract with a person and I did the job. The following happens.
She pauses the contract and tells me to send her the job.
I innocently sent it to her. payment and the person has never connected to the platform anymore,
I want to know if the payment will come to me one day because it is pending

Despite Preston stating you'll learn, it seems you haven't. He suggested the same thing in your other thread about being scammed:  https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/my-client-cheated-me/m-p/617566

Somehow you're not learning how to use the site correctly if you keep getting scammed (or think you're getting scammed). Maybe you should take a look at all the information available on how to ensure getting paid, since getting paid seems to be an ongoing problem for you:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/my-client-cheated-me/m-p/617566

petra_r
Community Member

Are you still on about the $ 9 a client "paid" as a bonus in the summer and then failed to pay Upwork for?
You won't get that, ever.

There is a phrase I use to describe a person who owes me money for work I did over a month ago:

"Someone who does not owe me money"

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members