🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I verified my ID, and two days later Upwo...
Page options
growmyretail
Community Member

I verified my ID, and two days later Upwork asks it again?

So what is the deal with this? See screenshot.

I just verified ID and I got my reply on my other thread that my name on bank account has been set straight.

Now Upwork asks AGAIN to verify ID? What is the deal with that?

How many times does one need to do that? 

6 REPLIES 6
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pieter, 

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. On Section 1.6 Identity and Location Verification it says that - 

"When you register for an Account and from time to time thereafter, your Account will be subject to verification, including, but not limited to, validation against third-party databases or the verification of one or more official government or legal documents that confirm your identity, your location, and your ability to act on behalf of your business on Upwork... When requested, you must timely provide us with complete information about yourself and your business, which includes, but is not limited to, providing official government or legal documents."

I can confirm that the first verification you had was to verify your location, the second one was for a name mismatch on your billing method, and this one is for the identity verification badge.

Please know that Upwork has several verifications in place to ensure that the marketplace is a trusted marketplace for all users. You may refer to this help article for the different verifications we have on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,

so I went through that process.

After getting a video call and a series of questions. Fine, passed that

now 30 mins later (AFTER I successfully passed the video chat)  I receive an e-mail, (see screenshot) with the following message

To verify AGAIN?

what is wrong with this system? 
so that is the FOURTH time I had to spend energy on ID, name, bank account, and what not
can someone tell me wth is going on?

Now I am getting irritated.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Pieter,

I understand your frustration with this. I checked your account and would like to confirm that you have become eligible to receive our ID Verification badge on your profile. But in order to receive the badge, you will need to complete the process/steps listed on your ticket. 
To learn more about this please refer to the help article I`ve linked above. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

No,

i am utterrly confused, I LITERALLY went through the ID and VIDEO process.

I can send the screenshot of the chat transcript.

1. I get the notification I need to verify ID and Chat Video
2. I do that, successfully completed

3. I receive an e-mail 30 mins later to do this process AGAIN?

4. now you are asking me to do exactly that process ?

that would be the FIFTH time I have to spend time solving issues rather than building a profile. 

Seriously irritated now. I just DID IT. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

And now I pressed by accident that its accepted as solution, which is NOT.

so the email and instructions are EXACTLY the ones I just did complete the steps.

And the timeline in my emails do not lie.

Hi Pieter,

Please keep in mind that sharing private details publicly in our Community is not allowed. I would also like to confirm that the badge has already been awarded on your profile and there's no need to take any additional actions/verifications. 

Once again, I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members