cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a custom url, just a custom url ...

5e0b15c4

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I'd really like a custom URL. I would even be prepared to pay for it. There is only one thing holding me back, seeing other peoples bids.

The other features are useless but harmeless to me. (might be usefull to other, just not me). BUT I think seeing other peoples bids actually is harmful.

To many times jobs get spamed with posts, with many people who lowball. And even though I know that, if I would see a price I'd start wondering if I should bid lower.

Just wondering if there are any others who just want the vanity url, maybe we can convince upwork to sell it as a seperate thing. 

7 REPLIES 7
lysis10
Community Guru

Just pay the $10 and don't look at the averages. I don't look at them. I figure out hours for me and bid.

christopherbudde
Community Guru

I think all you will see is some guy (or girl) in BF Egypt is bidding $5 for a $300 job. I bid what I think is reasonable and move on.

@Christopher B wrote:

I think all you will see is some guy (or girl) in BF Egypt is bidding $5 for a $300 job. I bid what I think is reasonable and move on.

This is exactly what you see. Someone bidding the absolute minimum and then some high bid that's also too low sometimes. There was someone bidding $50k for a while in the writing section. I guess that guy gave it up though. lol

kathrynbaughman
Community Guru

I'd certainly go for a custom URL if it were available.  Like others, I don't really pay much attention to the bid averages, so a custom URL would be a nice addition for the cost.

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~

@Kathryn B wrote:

I'd certainly go for a custom URL if it were available.  Like others, I don't really pay much attention to the bid averages, so a custom URL would be a nice addition for the cost.

It *is* available as part of the paid plan... you already have the option.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeroen,

To reiterate what other users have already stated, you can customize your profile URL if you subscribe to the Plus Membership plan. Please find more details in this Help article. 

Untitled
5e0b15c4

Hey all,

Thanks for all the feedback. To be clear, I understand the custom url is part of the package. I also understand I can chose to ignore it.

But if I should chose to ignore it, it effectivelly means the information is irrelevant, and in a weak moment potentially harmful. I know myself, and I'd rather not have the temptation to have my decission influenced by these numbers.

So it be great if I could JUST get the custom url as an option at something like $5 usd a month, I'd pay that. I'd be interested to know if other have that same wish, and maybe UpWork product managers could offer it as an option.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS