🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I want to add a specialization profile on "Pr...
Page options
mrinmoyst2
Community Member

I want to add a specialization profile on "Programming" alongside "Graphic Design". Is it possible?

Hello, I am working as a graphic designer on Upwork. I worked with different clients till now with great feedback. But, I now want to expand my profile by adding a specialization profile on Programming/Web Development as I am an Engineering student. Would it affect my profile if I add another specialization profile that is not related to my present skill? Would clients be convinced to work with me after that? I need suggestions on what to do because I am confused. I want to keep my artist profile alongside programming. 

My profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01617d9a68e91b2567

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Mrinmoy,

Freelancers are encouraged to use specialized profiles to showcase their different skills. With a specialized profile, you can tailor your unique skills to your audience on Upwork and create variations of your profile that showcase your experience within specific categories. Please check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanne,

Thank you for your reply. I know that we are always encouraged to open a specialization profile. But, my question was would it take any effect in getting a job after adding the specialization which is not actually related? Would any client take it as a trust issue? I know how much proficient I am on both of them but would a client take it as the same?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths