🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I want to bring one of my non upwork client o...
Page options
therohit992
Community Member

I want to bring one of my non upwork client on upwork. How to invite?

Hi, I want to bring one of my non-upwork client on Upwork under 0% fee program. she was from Nigeria so direct contact system is not working at her end. Please assist me in how to invite under 0% fee program.

18 REPLIES 18
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rohit,

Unfortunately, you`re not eligible to receive your unique link and have 0% fee on your contracts with clients who have signed up on Upwork. This program is for Rising Talent and Top Rated freelancers. 
Does your client receive any errors on their end when you tried to send them a direct contract? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, she faces an error please find the attachment for the same she is from
Nigeria. so what you suggest at this stage?

Yes, she faces an error please find the attachment for the same she is from Nigeria. so what you suggest at this stage?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

what should I need to do to be a Rising Talent member?

Thank you for the follow up, Rohit.

Unfortunately direct contracts are not available in your client location. You can share your profile URL with your client to click on the Hire button. They will be directed to sign up and once this is done they will be able to hire you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

In that case, I need to pay 20% fee for the first 500 USD  payment and then 10% until 10k USD  but I can't pay that much fee. Thanks for your help and support but really it's not the solution to my problem.

Rohit K wrote:

but really it's not the solution to my problem.

Then there isn't one

Rohit K wrote:

Yes, she faces an error please find the attachment for the same she is from Nigeria. so what you suggest at this stage?

Tell them to create an upwork client account. 

You guys can't help me to become a rising talent so I can invite my client on 0 fees? I have seen that many new freelancers who even  doesn't do a single project have rising talent badge, Why is that?

I'm "Top rated". I and my client found each other out of Upwork.

Today I have offered customer to pay me via Upwork and gave link to my profile. But it looks like I'm not eligible for lower fee even if I'm Top rated? This is little bit frustrating, although I accepted offer anyway 😞

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oleksii,

I'll go ahead and share your account information with the team so that they can get in touch with you with your personal link and more information about this program.

~ Bojan
Upwork
utilmind
Community Member

Thank you! I hope this issue can be solved. All our conversations with the customer are on the phone and email. I feel this was my mistake that I brought him on Upwork. I should use less expensive services.

Unfortunately I did not ever know that customer already has an account on Upwork, I just wanted to bring a customer from outside (and benefit less commissions)...

This is the second customer on the Upwork brought by me, BTW. I will probably avoid doing this in future, there are a lot of alternatives. However, for my previous new customer I'm using the Upwork software to track time. For today's one I'm working by the flat price. It could be simpler to use cheaper or even direct payment without intermediaries...

Anyway, hope this issue can be solved somehow, so I will not afraid to bring new customers.

petra_r
Community Member

Oleksii K wrote:

Unfortunately I did not ever know that customer already has an account on Upwork, I just wanted to bring a customer from outside (and benefit less commissions)...

You didn't bring that client. The client was already here.

utilmind
Community Member

Ok, thank you. Then I will get future payment from this customer outside of Upwork. We don't need an intermeditors. This was my mistake to invite client to hire me on Upwork. I will avoid this mistake in future.

48faea77
Community Member

Hey dear, 

I have a Non-Upwork client in the UK who wants to hire me but I asked him that we should make this deal through the Upwork platform. He already made an Upwork account and posted his job as well but I am unable to find his job posting. I just found out about the Upwork direct invitation to the Non-Upwork client feature. 

Should I directly invite my client or He should invite me to his job posting? I am asking this beforehand so that I should not violate any rule of Upwork community standards. 

Thank you 

Muhammad Siddiq

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message, Since the Client has already registered for an Upwork account, you cannot initiate a Direct Contract with this Client. Your client can invite you on the same job post or share the link with you to apply.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

He did invite me. Thank you.

fayyazgee11
Community Member

Top Rated freelancers who bring their offline clients to Upwork are eligible for 0% on fees with the new clients they bring.
Only they can bring them free

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members