🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I want to change my profile category to my cu...
Page options
mustafaw
Community Member

I want to change my profile category to my current skill [Design]

Hi
I made my account when I was a student. I made it in the "Web, Mobile & Software Dev" category as a front end dev. Now, after about 2 years I'm back with 2+ years of experience in Design. I want to provide my design services on Upwork [Logos, and mainly UX/UI design]. 

But the thing is, my profile is shown in the former category but my profile shows experience in my current expertise which is design. So my question is how can I change my profile category to "Design and Creative" so that my profile shows up to the right clients and in the right search? Please guide me on how can I change it?

PS: I want to remind you in case you’d forgotten, you can find your profile category in Find Work>My Stats>Marketing Effectiveness.
There you will see a sentence telling your category like "Among <your category>".

Thanks in Advance

Happy Upworking

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mustafa,

You should be able to adjust s your main categories and then select the skills according to your expertise by following instructions shared within this help article

As for the category you're referring to, the category under the Marketing Effectiveness section of My Stats, that's the category of the majority of jobs you apply to.

You're also able to create separate Specialized profiles for your expertise. Please check this helpful article for more information about Specialized Profiles available for Freelancers on Upwork.

Thank you!
~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members