🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I want to decline refund request of clien...
Page options
sonamgpt3
Community Member

I want to decline refund request of client but not getting option to decline

Hello Everyone,

I want to dispute on client requested for refund after 2 weeks of work done. I have done work for this client and now he is asking for refund work completion. 

I have one more question - Client allowed to me to work 40hr/week and allowed manual time. I have shown him the result and got appricitiation as well. But now he is requesting for refund and wriitng to upwork team that i am unfaithful. I am not sure what to do in this case. I am a top freenlancer on upwork and never faced such issues. What to do in such cases. Any suggestion?? 

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Sonam S wrote:

I want to dispute on client requested for refund after 2 weeks of work done. I have done work for this client and now he is asking for refund work completion. 

I have one more question - Client allowed to me to work 40hr/week and allowed manual time.

Did you use manual time?

If yes: You will lose the dispute and might as well just refund, you can not win a dispute over manual time.

Also: "40 hours a week" and "manual time allowed" are default settings. - You should never assume the client is happy for you to work all 40 hours and especially not 40 hours manual time.

Thanks Petra,

But Manual time and 40hr is not defualt setting. If client allows than only we can book hours.

Sonam S wrote:

Thanks Petra,

But Manual time and 40hr is not defualt setting. If client allows than only we can book hours.

Yes it is the default setting. Unless the client actually changes those settings while creating the contract, they are "40 hours per week" and "manual time allowed". That does not mean you should just run off and log 40 hours manual time without a discussion, because you are now seeing what can happen when you do.

And if you use manual time and the client disputes, you will be refunding every single manual hour. Every time.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths