Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to end a contract

Highlighted
ALI K Member Since: Mar 24, 2015
1 of 6

Hey

I was hired for a job, which appears to be not as it was described before

it is a fixed price job. my question is can I end the contract without it being registered on my profile and without claiming the money.

I just want to stop this job 

Thanks

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Weera P Member Since: Sep 11, 2013
2 of 6

Hi,

If you believe that you are unable to complete the result that your client is looking for, your have the option to notify your client and end the contract. Please explain your side why you choose to end the contract.

I don't know how it effects to your profile.

Regards,

WP

Highlighted
Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
3 of 6

If you end the contract before charging the client anything, it won't appear on your profile. However, your Job Success score could suffer.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Ridwan C Member Since: Dec 21, 2014
4 of 6

Yes. Ofcourse you can end the contract without claiming payment. Job record will be shown on your profile if only you receive any payment for the job.

The best idea is politely explaining the reasons to your client for not being interested to work on the project. Maybe your client will end the contract for you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 6

Hmm...

I don't think it would hurt to explain things simply to the client, and offer to let him pay you a token fee ($5 or $10) for all the work that you did thus far, SO THAT HE CAN OWN the work completely.

Point out that if he doesn't pay anything for it, ownership remains with the contractor according to oDesk's policies. But if he pays something, he gains complete ownership.

But point out he would need to pay the small amount after you hit the submit button to provide ALL the work you did, and then he would need to close the contract on his end and leave feedback.

And if he does that, he gets the work for a tiny amount of money. He can pass that work on to the next contractor. And he can be assured that you won't use that work for yourself or for another client, because you are relinquishing all ownership rights.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 6

Hi Ali,

As others have already pointed out here, I would also suggest you contact your client first and explain that you will not be able to complete the job. Ask the client then to end the contract. If no money has been paid, the contract will not show on your profile.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS