🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I want to end contract with the client.
Page options
pythongame
Community Member

I want to end contract with the client.

Hi Everyone.

I hope everyone is doing great. I am here to seek help from Upwork Gurus. 

Recently I have started a project with a client but now I want to request him politely to end the contract without giving any negative feedback, the reason I want to end the contract is that I have got an excellent opportunity from a local company here in Paksitan and they have offered me very good pay. 

Indeed Upwork is the best platform for the Freelacners like me but unfortunately, I am not getting good long-term projects lately.

I am 36 and have a family to feed, It is a bit difficult for me at this point to wait for good offers.

I will hand over all the Source files to the client so that he can hire another freelancer and can easily continue the work from where I have left.

Furthermore, I will keep bidding here on Upwork whenever I will get the free time.

I hope everyone can understand my situation.

Best Regards

Khurram Shehzad

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nate,

I am going to imagine that I am your client.

"Nate:

Thank you for being honest with me about your situation. You are starting a new job.

You should focus on that.

I don't want you to work on my project. I don't know you. I don't care if YOU finish the project. I just want it finished.

Now that I know about your work situation, and I know that you don't want to finish this, of course I don't want you working on it. I want someone who has the time to work on this. That is not you. If I tried to force you to continue working on it, you would be miserable, and I would get work from someone whose heart isn't really in it.

I am not mad. It is what it is.

By your honesty, and by taking yourself off of the project, you are only helping me out.

Good luck with everything."

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
martina_plaschka
Community Member

How much time would it take you to finish the job?

Hi, It will take 2-3 days more depending on revisions. 

Khurram S wrote:

Hi, It will take 2-3 days more depending on revisions. 

Then finish it. 

It's difficult to complete the project, this is why I want to request him to end the contract. From tomorrow onwards I will be joining the office from 9-5 and after that, I won't be able to complete the project.

Nate,

"Nate:

Thank you for being honest with me about your situation. You are starting a new job.

I don't want you to work on my project. I don't know you. I don't care if YOU finish the project. I just want it finished.

Now that I know about your work situation, and I know that you don't want to finish this, of course I don't want you working on it. I want someone who has the time to work on this. That is not you. If I tried to force you to continue working on it, you would be miserable, and I would get work from someone whose heart isn't really in it.

By your honesty, and by taking yourself off of the project, you are only helping me out.

Preston H wrote:

Nate,

"Nate:

That is one scenario. The other is:

Nate, I hired you because I was confident in your skills and professionalism. Also I'm on a tight deadline and if I hire another freelancer now, I will miss that deadline. This will cost me $$$ and I'll probably be sued by XYZ because I already promised them ABC. I am very disappointed in your actions. I understand that circumstances might change, but I don't see why you can't finish this simple task. My feedback will likely not be great. 

I have good news, I have requested my client to extend the deadline of the project and he agreed on this now I have enough time to finish the project 🙂

Khurram S wrote:

It's difficult to complete the project, this is why I want to request him to end the contract. From tomorrow onwards I will be joining the office from 9-5 and after that, I won't be able to complete the project.

Actions have consequences. You could finish the contract. You have today and then you could do the rest after work. Or you could have delayed starting work until you finished a commitment you made.

If you drop the client now, the client could leave poor feedback and justifiably so.

You can't have it both ways: Let the client down AND be safe from the consequences of doing so.

Thank you Petra, I will try to finish the project.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members