🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I want to end the contract with out getting p...
Page options
sonya-talukder
Community Member

I want to end the contract with out getting payment

If I end the contract then how it will affect my job success score?
4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sonia,

If a contract is closed by the freelancer, an email is sent to the client to notify them about it and to encourage them to leave feedback. If they don’t leave feedback, it will not affect the freelancer’s JSS negatively. Here is the help article for more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sonya-talukder
Community Member

Can I cancel the contract, so that no feedback issues raise. Actually I have worked hard for 10 days but client is not satisfied. She is asking more and I don't want to waste my time with her anymore.

Hi Sonia, Unfortunately, this is not how things work. Once you have a contract with a client both of you will have a chance to give Private feedback no matter what happened. So if you ended the contract and gave your client a full refund, he/she will still be able to give you private feedback which will affect your JSS in case it was negative.

I don't recommend giving up your rights and refunding the client for work that is done. Because no one can tell whether or not the client is lying about not being satisfied. 

You can alternatively, talk with your client about it. That you did your best to deliver what is needed. Also, if he/she wants more things to be done he/she can simply activate another milestone for the additional work.

I wish you the best of luck!

Youssef

Thank you so much for your kind advice. I am trying to figure it out as per your advice.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members