🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I want to file a complaint against a clie...
Page options
1f04aa28
Community Member

I want to file a complaint against a client

Hi, this is Asma Rasool! I am new on this platform. Yesterday, a client hired me on an hourly basis. the client was needed to make a baby shower poster. I asked the deadline and the client replied to need it in two days. I had only spent two hours on working on that particular project and the client said he is going to cancel the job. I asked a reason, he said a poster took only 3 to 4 hours. I told him that I have worked for only two hours on the project as my work diary is proof, minimum it will take 3 to 4  hours, give me some time and I will send it to you. rather understanding, he misbehaved, remained unprofessional, and ended the project with terrible feedback. if he or she is a client that doesn't mean they have bought a freelancer and could behave in any way whatever they want. kindly tell if there is any way to file a complaint against a client? thankyou

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Asma R wrote:

I really want to go for this option. can you please guide how I can do that?

You can't refund until the client has been charged on Monday. There is also no point contacting Support for this, the client is not a nice person, but hasn't violated any terms of Service.

Even if you refund and the contract does not show on your profile, the outcome will count against your metrics.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
3ctechnologies
Community Member

If you have put the meaningful memus for the number of hours you worked. and screen shots are relevant to the project.You will be paid even if client puts it in dispute..So no worries, if you have followed the Upwork rules, you will be paid.

As far as  his attitude is concerned, i guess dont worry about that if you are paid..You will get to deal a lot of such clients in future ..So, take it as an opportunity learning to handle clients 🙂

Thanks

thank you for guiding.

thank you for your motivation.

3ctechnologies
Community Member

I think you would need to return the money if you got to get that feedback removed then..Better to contact Upeork support for guidance also..

petra_r
Community Member

Asma R wrote:

You can't refund until the client has been charged on Monday. There is also no point contacting Support for this, the client is not a nice person, but hasn't violated any terms of Service.

Even if you refund and the contract does not show on your profile, the outcome will count against your metrics.

1f04aa28
Community Member

hello! thank you for guiding.

I just a beginner and I am struggling a lot for my projects. but such clients do not let the beginners to arise. Upwork should take some steps in this regard.

Asma R wrote:

hello! thank you for guiding.

I just a beginner and I am struggling a lot for my projects. but such clients do not let the beginners to arise. Upwork should take some steps in this regard.

Upwork can't manage your clients for you or protect you from the bad ones. You need to discuss projects in detail with prospective clients and try to determine whether they'll be difficult before you agree to work with them. It's frequently obvious just from the way that they write their job description (some red flags: low pay, phrases like "this should only take you an hour", demands for unlimited revisions "until you get it right", or "say the word 'BLUE' in your project description so that I'll know you've read this"), but you will learn this when you have more experience.

In the meantime, I hope that you left honest feedback about your experiences with this client, as a warning to other freelancers. 

thank you for guiding.

and yes, I have left honest remarks for other freelancers. I just hope that henceforth I will deal with such clients vigilantly.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths