🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I want to know about Upwork Recruiter from Li...
Page options
ehsajal111
Community Member

I want to know about Upwork Recruiter from Linkedin

Hello,

He messaged me on Linkedin and telling me he wants to hire me. He wants me to connect in Outlook or Hotmail. Is he real or a scam? Please help me
Regards,

Enamul Haque

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Enamul Haque S wrote:

Hello,

He messaged me on Linkedin and telling me he wants to hire me. He wants me to connect in Outlook or Hotmail. Is he real or a scam? Please help me
Regards,

Enamul Haque

The forum is not the place to verify a client. How is this question related to upwork? Does he want to hire you on upwork? If yes, tell him that you can't communicate outside of upwork before hire because you don't want to violate ToS and get suspended. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Enamul Haque S wrote:

Hello,

Regards,

Enamul Haque

The forum is not the place to verify a client. How is this question related to upwork? Does he want to hire you on upwork? If yes, tell him that you can't communicate outside of upwork before hire because you don't want to violate ToS and get suspended. 

Hi Martina,

I was confused about the client. I asked him to contact me on Upwork. But he said 'no'. So I got the point. Thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Enamul Haque

Enamul Haque S wrote:

Hi Martina,

I was confused about the client. I asked him to contact me on Upwork. But he said 'no'. So I got the point. Thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Enamul Haque

Right. Serious upwork clients don't find you on linkedIn and then refuse to communicate on upwork. 

Enamul:

If somebody contacted you on LinkedIn and wants to hire you, and they don't want to use Upwork, then...

a) This is a LinkedIn matter, and has nothing to do with Upwork, so you need to ask your questions in the LinkedIn Forum

b) This is probably just a scammer. If I found your information on LinkedIn and I wanted to hire you and you told me to hire you through Upwork, I would hire you through Upwork.

c) Outlook and Hotmail are two different email services. What kind of person says they want to "connect through Outlook or Hotmail"?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members