🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I want to know about weekly retainer projects...
Page options
af154779
Community Member

I want to know about weekly retainer projects.

I want to know about weekly retainer project. A one of my client hired me on a weekly retainer project with $100/week. So my question is Should I need to log hours for this project or not?

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10
Community Member

Ashutosh A wrote:

I want to know about weekly retainer project. A one of my client hired me on a weekly retainer project with $100/week. So my question is Should I need to log hours for this project or not?

I would make sure they intended to do this. I think a lot of times it's a mistake.

af154779
Community Member

Yes, we agreed on 20 hours projects  at $5 and then he hired me on weekly retainer project.

If you use the time tracker for 20 hours of work, then your client will be charged $200 each week, not $100. Is that what they want to do? That's why you'd better ask them to clarify.

Clients and freelancers can use weekly retainers any way they want to.

But as a freelancer, you DEFINITELY need to be clear what the client's intention is.

I am aware that many clients have UNINTENTIONALLY set up weekly payments. So any freelancer who is involved with automated weekly payments or weekly retainers needs to be absolutely clear that the meaning and reason for this is understood by both client and freelancer.

Personally, I think it would be very silly for ANY client to set up a weekly retainer or automated weekly payment unless they intend for that to be payment ON TOP OF any logged work. I believe that any freelancer should ONLY arrange and accept such a contract if it is clear that the freelancer will log all time spent working on the project and get paid for hourly logged time IN ADDITION to the weekly payment.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members