🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I want to know the terms of services of Upwor...
Page options
tarun_vij
Community Member

I want to know the terms of services of Upwork

I want to know the terms of services of Upwork like

1. Can freelancer and client communicate outside the Upwork?
  2. When upwork pay for hourly contracts.
  3. connect refunds cases
  4. Please anything which can help new freelancers

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tarun,

1) Taking communications with a freelancer or client off of Upwork before a contract is in place is against our Terms of Service. Once a contract is in place you may use any communication methods you choose.

2) The weekly billing period begins Monday at 00:00 midnight UTC and ends Sunday at 23:59 UTC. After the billing period ends, freelancers have a few hours to look over their Work Diary to make any final adjustments. The freelancer review period runs Monday from 00:00 midnight to 11:59 a.m. UTC. The client review period runs from Monday at 12 noon UTC following the close of the billing period until Friday at 23:59 UTC. This is the time for clients to review the Work Diary and file a dispute if there is a problem. After that, a security period applies to all payments and refunds on all contracts. It gives Upwork time to process and clear the payments, and resolve any disputes before funds are released to freelancers. Hourly payments enter the security period after the client review period closes on Friday; therefore funds typically become available on the following Wednesday. You can check out this help article for more information.

3) Connects are refunded when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service.

4) I suggest checking out this Community thread to help you get started along with the Freelancing Resources board in which you'll find plenty of articles to help you with writing proposals, negotiating with clients, enhancing your profile, setting your rates, and so on.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members