🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I want to quit my job and refund my client. P...
Page options
tyln
Community Member

I want to quit my job and refund my client. Please helpz

Hi all,

I have a fixed-price job with 3 milestones.
I already took the first payment of the first milestone as advance payment. But I can not continue the job and i want to quit. I am ready to give my clients money back.

Why? I have some problem in my private-life. I actually done the %50 of the job but I don’t have much time to catch the due-date. I have talked with my client and wanted extra time from my client but he did not accept and said that will cut my next payment for each extra day.

I can not continue to working under that circumstances and I want to refund him and end the contract. Please give me some advice.

If I manually give a refund and end the contract. What will happening. Will my client have a chance to leave a feedback?
2 REPLIES 2
sjbercot
Community Member

If you close the contract and refund all the money, the client won't be able to leave feedback. You should be aware though that contracts closed with no money do negatively affect the JSS, but it's difficult to say exactly how much. If you've compeleted a lot of jobs with pay, it will be less of an affect than if you have only a few jobs.

prachi163
Community Member

If you refund ALL the money, the client will not be able to leave public feedback. But they can still leave private feedback.

Poor private feedback and a contract with no money earned can both impact the JSS negatively. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths