🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I want to report Client he is telling me ...
Page options
aldyrekt
Community Member

I want to report Client he is telling me to buy crypto

This is my first time working in upwork. my client want me to buy crypto because his country is banned buying for crypto. the process is he will pay $1,000 thru upwork and withdraw the money.the money will be payed for the bitcoin purchases. The client is no longer replying my messages like he is not interested anymore after I follow the instruction. 

4 REPLIES 4
pgiambalvo
Community Member

It is a scam. Thanks for reporting them. Hopefully Upwork takes their post down before 50 more people less savvy than you apply to it and some of them get scammed because they are new and haven't read the rules because who does that and thinks jobs are legit here otherwise Upork wouldn't allow them and thinks them being paid is protected because they read the words Upwork offers Payment Protection somewhere.

roberty1y
Community Member

I hope you didn't send him the crypto you bought. If you did, your money is gone. Upwork has rules to protect people against this. One of them is that freelancers can't buy anything on behalf of clients. I see this client has hired three people and spent over $3,000 since he joined the site nine days ago. This is a big ripoff. 

PradeepH

Hi Aldrian,

Thank you for your report. Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

So when you say that you followed the instructions, do you mean that you did buy crypto for this client, and you're only reporting it now because he stopped responding? Read this and educate yourself before you lose any [more] money or get your account banned: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/List-of-red-flags-for-scams/m-p/1017044

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members