🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I want to report a fraudulent job poster....
Page options
cbf786af
Community Member

I want to report a fraudulent job poster. Help, tnx!

I want to report a fraudulent job poster. Help, tnx!

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

Then do so.

Click on the "Flag as inappropriate" link button in the top right hand corner of the job post screen.

Thanks, but already worked with them and delivered successfully. They list the strangest reasons for not releasing the payment.

Ferry D wrote:

Thanks, but already worked with them and delivered successfully. They list the strangest reasons for not releasing the payment.

You are unhappy with your client?
If you can't make it work with your client, there is a dispute option.

Sometimes we encounter difficult people. Sometimes they happened to be our clients.

Best option is to convey your thoughts/concerns to your client, you should be able to have open and direct communication with them. NOT in an accusatory fashion; in the same way you've wrote here (raise your worry about their "strangest reasons for not releasing the payment").

If that fails, than dispute, I guess.

With all due respect, but when a job poster indicates that I am not from the Netherlands, while I was born and raised in the Netherlands, I find that a strange reason. Especially when the person in question, sents an audio fragment recorded by me in my mother tongue, to her quality department for verification.

Thanks for your feedback, but I'll take it up with the Upwork team.

petra_r
Community Member

Ferry D wrote:

With all due respect,

With "all due respect" - that is not a "fraudulent" client, it's a difficult client, and the way to deal with it is not by reporting the client, but by disputing if the client repeatedly clicks on "request changes".

Clients have 14 days to review work before payment is released automatically if the client does not formally request changes.

cbf786af
Community Member

Let's leave this topic as is because we're getting bogged down with unnecessary information.
Again thanks for the help, didn't help me much, but anyways appreciate it. 
I already submitted my work on January 24, so far beyond 14 days. 

petra_r
Community Member

Ferry D wrote:

Let's leave this topic as is because we're getting bogged down with unnecessary information.
Again thanks for the help, didn't help me much, but anyways appreciate it. 
I already submitted my work on January 24, so far beyond 14 days. 

Is the money you are after funded in Escrow?

Did you use the "Submit work for payment" function?

Did the client use the "Request Changes" function?

re: " but already worked with them and delivered successfully. They list the strangest reasons for not releasing the payment"

Then you have a problem with a client and a contract, which is an entirely different question.

And you are correct: flagging the job post itself is not what needs to be done here.

If a client is not releasing payment for work that you completed, you may need to file a dispute.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths