🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I want to report about a clients.
Page options
shakilup
Community Member

I want to report about a clients.

My cient provide me a website link. there was a errors (domain redirect too many times and can't access WP dashboard) he told me to make the site live. I have fixed redirect errors and can access everything. but for him it's not live. he want the site as like before. however he sent me backup files without sql database. I said it's not possible to restore website as like before without database and said I am not the person who broke your website I am coming for helping you. you need to provide me all backup for restore old website including database. I think he talking with old developer and the developer restored his website. and he told me someone restore his website. I have check the name server it's not belong with that godaddy wordpress hosting account that he provide me and he say it's same and hosting and domain on same account. when I am sent old and new name server screenshot and told this domain now belong with old hosting server where have the old database backup and you never told me about this. how that worker know where have the old database? after that he change his word and say he provide me all information. He want help from me after ended contract and I am trying to do my best however I am ignoring my review that he just recently given to me. as a freelancer and part of Upwork Worker. I am always try to help everyone doesn't remember if anyone doing bad behave with me. I have never seen this kind of client in my whole career. He will make sure to get the work free as much as he can by threatening for feedback. He wants 24/7 availability. Even complex wordpress task he thinks can be completed in 5-10 mins. Unnecessarily blames for mistakes done by others. he enough for destroyed any freelancer career. and talking skill is horrible. he is taking freelancer as his servant who has to work for him without asking any questions. His requirements were not clear and kept blaming us for not providing him support to fix the work. check his previous feedback history. you will understand what I want to say. He almost make me mad. I notice not an any single person is happy with him and he saying me to multiple times he is reporting about me on Upwork. my worst client in Upwork journey. Please I request to Upwork check his history and take action against him.
Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Why in the world did you accept a contract with a client with such a history? 

On the bright side, the client's feedback is clearly excluded from your JSS calculation...

shakilup
Community Member

as a freelancer I think I need to help everyone. and I didn't check his history when he message me. and I learn from this things. I will never accept any offer/contract with a client with this kind of history. I am almost going to mad. I can't explain you how much pain he give me. you said (On the bright side, the client's feedback is clearly excluded from your JSS calculation...) but his feedback still showing on my profile.

petra_r
Community Member

Shakil A wrote:

I can't explain you how much pain he give me. you said (On the bright side, the client's feedback is clearly excluded from your JSS calculation...) but his feedback still showing on my profile.

It'll soon sink down the page. Clients see your 100% JSS and great feedback. They may wonder about that one, click on it, and see exactly what happened.

Don't worry about it, be glad to be rid of that client.

shakilup
Community Member

I have sent mail to upwork about the clients. let's see what step Upwork taken.

Petra R wrote:

Shakil A wrote:

I can't explain you how much pain he give me. you said (On the bright side, the client's feedback is clearly excluded from your JSS calculation...) but his feedback still showing on my profile.

It'll soon sink down the page. Clients see your 100% JSS and great feedback. They may wonder about that one, click on it, and see exactly what happened.

Don't worry about it, be glad to be rid of that client.

Hi Petra, a doubt. Isn't it supposed that a customer with such a history should be sent to ***** by Upwork, and that their feedbacks and scores would disappear?
That's how I thought it worked.

Maria T wrote:

Isn't it supposed that a customer with such a history should be sent to ***** by Upwork, and that their feedbacks and scores would disappear?
That's how I thought it worked.

No, that is not how it works. Even if a client is kicked off the platform, their feedback remains. But their contracts don't count towards the JSS. The client isn't suspended, just has such poor history, that their contracts are excluded from the JSS calculation.

If I was in charge, that client would be gone. Alas, I'm not.

Gracias Petra!

If I were in charge, with you, I would help you **Edited for Community Guidelines**

What I do not understand is, if, due to its his horrible history, its scores do not count for JSS, why don't they also delete the comments?

Well, I guess it will be something unanswered.
Thanks again Smiley Wink

Wow

Upwork does not need clients like that. If it were up to me then I'd have them booted, pronto. 

Let's see what will happend I have reported on Upwork about clients.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths