🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I want to stop and ask for an revealing insig...
Page options
tommy_f
Community Member

I want to stop and ask for an revealing insight for my profile

After sending out 10 well written proposals with no response, I want to stop and ask if there is something not quite right with my profile. 

To be frank, I am unable to see from a viewpoint what needs improvement. Any suggestions? 

This is to keep from using up connects when there is something keeping me from succeeding.

Please provide frank and raw feedback. It could help other freelancers with the same problems.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01876f80d2b5a78f0d?viewMode=1&s=1110580753207906304

Thank you

"To be, or not to be- that is the question: ..." Shakespeare
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Tommy F wrote:

After sending out 10 well written proposals with no response, I want to stop and ask if there is something not quite right with my profile. 

To be frank, I am unable to see from a viewpoint what needs improvement. Any suggestions? 

This is to keep from using up connects when there is something keeping me from succeeding.

Please provide frank and raw feedback. It could help other freelancers with the same problems.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01876f80d2b5a78f0d?viewMode=1&s=1110580753207906304

Thank you

Your headline is too long and not meaningful enough. Make it snappier. You need many more examples of your work in your portfolio. 

Don't use client feedback quotes that can't be verified, meaning use only those that are on your profile, that's not a good look. Get some from prior clients on LinkedIn. 

Make sure both your profiles have meaningful and relevant text and are different. Don't use the same text in both, that looks lazy. 

Lastly, revise your expectations. 10 proposals is nothing. Send 90 more and evaluate your success after that. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Tommy F wrote:

Thank you

Your headline is too long and not meaningful enough. Make it snappier. You need many more examples of your work in your portfolio. 

Don't use client feedback quotes that can't be verified, meaning use only those that are on your profile, that's not a good look. Get some from prior clients on LinkedIn. 

Make sure both your profiles have meaningful and relevant text and are different. Don't use the same text in both, that looks lazy. 

Lastly, revise your expectations. 10 proposals is nothing. Send 90 more and evaluate your success after that. 

Thank you for your honest and open thoughts on my profile. This is what I am looking for.  I will definetly take these points under consideration and update my profile.

"To be, or not to be- that is the question: ..." Shakespeare
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members