cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to talk to a human if I'm going to pay a fee. | My ears are burning I'm so angry at Upwork.

Toby S Member Since: Aug 20, 2019
11 of 13

John M wrote:

Amen Tracey,

I just spent an hour writing a proposal and was almost ready to send it. Then when I dragged my example files to the proposal and aparently didn't EXACTLY hit the box my whole proposal was erased. 

That is really stupid, buggy behavior. I mean, if Upwork is not going to fix that bug why don't they at least put a disclaimer, or warning, on the proposal page that freelancers are likely to lose all their work?

John,

May I suggest that you use another editing tool (e.g., Notepad, vi, etc.) to craft your proposal, and then copy and paste it into the window. The browser window IS NOT a reliable place to store your valuable, unsaved information.

Also, if you're planning on using drag and drop, I suggest you do that BEFORE entering any text into the page.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 13

re: "I want to talk to a human if I'm going to pay a fee"

Unfortunately, the math doesn't work out that way.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 13

The thing is, contacting Support for something like that (which they have no way to fix or do anything about) just to let of steam and rant at a human being is utterly pointless and a waste of time and money on both sides.

They can't do anything other than give you a standard response of "I am sorry to hear that and apologize for the inconvenience..."

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS