🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I want to use my mother's bank account
Page options
4485b97c
Community Member

I want to use my mother's bank account

Hi! I'm new at the platform, I'm not a U.S resident and I don't have my own bank account. I put the account of my mother in my payment details because I am authorized to use it by her but Upwork is telling me that my profile name must match the bank account name. What can I do to show that I am authorized by my mother to use her account and to use her bank account as mine on the platform?

Thank you for your time,

**edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Maria Victoria:

You may withdraw your Upwork earnings to ANY account on which you are an official named account holder.

So the answer to your question is:

Yes. After you and your mother go to the bank and officially add your name as an account holder, you may then begin to use that bank account to withdraw Upwork funds.

re: "What can I do to show that I am authorized by my mother to use her account and to use her bank account as mine on the platform?"

There is no such thing as "showing Upwork that you are an authorized user" of somebody else's account.

The system automatically allows you to withdraw funds to any account whose account holder name matches your Upwork name.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria Victoria, 

To confirm what Preston has shared, the name on your bank account must match your verified name on Upwork. If you are a joint account holder of your mother's account, you should be able to use this account by providing documents to prove that you are a joint account holder. Otherwise, you will need to use your own bank account information to use the Direct to Local Bank payment option on Upwork. 

Here's more information for your reference.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths