🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I was a scam victim in my first job!
Page options
6ac4c393
Community Member

I was a scam victim in my first job!

I worked for 4 hours and received an email that my contract was suspended, I stopped immediately, but it was already 4 hours!

I tried to use the timesheet at the beginning, but this tool doesn`t work on my Mac. The screen freezes without login! already opened a topic about it!

A bad experience in my first job! whats the problem with humanity?

The client is gone with my screens.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Eder Falco.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ederson,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had and the inconvenience this had caused you.
Regarding the desktop app, please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. This should resolve the problem and you should be able to log in.

In order to be eligible for our Upwork Hourly Protection you will need to track your time with our desktop app. Please keep in mind that manual time is not protected under our Hourly protection. 
I would also recommend checking out the Safety First section on this Thread and learning more about how you can protect yourself. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ederson,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had and the inconvenience this had caused you.
Regarding the desktop app, please go to Settings > Connected Services > and disconnect your Google account. This should resolve the problem and you should be able to log in.

In order to be eligible for our Upwork Hourly Protection you will need to track your time with our desktop app. Please keep in mind that manual time is not protected under our Hourly protection. 
I would also recommend checking out the Safety First section on this Thread and learning more about how you can protect yourself. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ederson, don't take this personally. MANY freelancers make mistakes when they first start out. You have learned from doing, which is very common, and often a more effective way of retaining information than learning by reading instructions.

You should know that most Upwork clients are wonderful. They are good people and act professionally. There is a small percentage that are not real clients, but are scammers. The continuously get kicked off of the platform and come back with new fake accounts.

The scammers target new, inexperienced freelancers. So that is something to look forward to after you gain a little experience: scammers won't bother you, because they know it is a waste of their time to try to trick experienced freelancers.

No problem Preston! i`m feeling smarter now... i gain a lot of Xp

Eder Falco.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members