cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I was charged for creating agency and I dont get option to create tickets or chat

Highlighted
Abhishek G Member Since: Mar 22, 2018
1 of 8

I recently created an agency but while creating it there was no option to create an agency with basic free plan so I had to pay and after paying in the membership settings, I can see option to downgrade now? Why is it like that? Its like paying for creating an agnecy even though you want to cancel it right away, 

How can I downgrade to basic and request a refund since I just paid yesterday.

Also I dont get option to chat or create ticket when clicking on get help button, it always suggests to ask community. If I were to always request help from community then may be I should pay the community the commission which Upwork charges.

What is the point of me paying such high fees and commission when I cannot even create a support ticket or chat with a person when I face issues.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2 of 8

Hi Abhishek,

For $20/month, your agency will get 80 Connects per month (shared among all team members), the ability to purchase additional Connects (for $1 per Connect), and the ability to roll over up to 160 unused Connects to the next month. You can check this help article for more information. 

Due to the volume of users, not all support options are available to all users at all times, however feel free to ask us any questions and we'll be happy to help you, but please be mindful of our Community Guidelines. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
3 of 8

Yes but the company charged me money even though I dont want plus membership, I want to request a refund. How can community help me in that?

Can you refund me the amount I was charged yesterday?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 8

You bought a month's worth of membership.

If you cancel that now it will return to basic when the month is over. If you want an agency with more than one member you have to have the plus plan anyway.

Highlighted
5 of 8

Yes but yesterday when I created agency, why didnt the website show option to create basic agency account? I was forced into paying literally to be able to create an account. 

Why does Upwork expect to take money from me when I dont want to use their premium service and dont get any customer support. So you are telling me there is no way to get a refund even if I dont want to avail the service even for a single day?

They are already taking 10-20% commission of the earnings.

How can I contact customer care to get refund and close my upwork account? thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 8

You don't need to contact Customer Support to close your Upwork account. End all contracts, withdraw all proposals, close your account.

@Abhishek G wrote:

They are already taking 10-20% commission of the earnings.

What earnings? You haven't "earned" in 3 years (and never paid 20% fee either.)

Why on earth would you buy a month's membership if you don't want to "use it even for a single day?"

Highlighted
7 of 8

@Petra: I was planning on bringing a client on board on Upwork to take start taking payment through Upwork but yes attacking potential payers is the solution and right way to go for you. And I can clearly see you are failing to understand my point. I wanted to create a free agency but there was no option to do that so I had to create a plus agency but now after signing up, I can see an option to downgrade. So I think it is unfair for Upwork to make people pay for creating agency basically since there is no way to directly create free agency.

@Upwork/@Moderator: How can I get a refund?

thank you.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
8 of 8

Hi Abhishek,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you.
Our team has approved your request and it will be processed in up to 24 hours. For more details please refer to your ticket, you can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you!

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS