🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I was scammed by a Chinese freelancer
Page options
alexflashi
Community Member

I was scammed by a Chinese freelancer

I need help, this person used my personal data to create a new account on upwork. The account is: **Edited for Community Guidelines** , the massaje says: "**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I can prove that it is my personal information

Please, could anybody help me, i didn't know that is a scam

i don't have access on the account and he ask me that i will do the video identification but i won't, however he created the account with my personal data.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for reporting this Miguel,

Our team will investigate it further for violations of our TOS and take proper actions as soon as possible. If additional information is needed, our team will reach out to you directly via ticket/email.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for reporting this Miguel,

Our team will investigate it further for violations of our TOS and take proper actions as soon as possible. If additional information is needed, our team will reach out to you directly via ticket/email.

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I didn't know that is a scam. I don't have access on the account and he ask me that I will do the video identification but I won't, however he created the account with my personal data."

Would it not be more accurate to say that you participated in a scam with that person, because you did not know that it was a scam, and then you decided to not go through with it all the way? And now you want help?

I agree with Preston. The truth is very important. You can tell the OP cares enough to have made it to the community, perhaps he is still awe-stricken on everything that has happened to him.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members