🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I was told I can request to close my account ...
Page options
angelkanday
Community Member

I was told I can request to close my account and make a withdrawal of all my payments where can I

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you Nikola,
I will wait until I can withdraw the rest of my funds, since my tracker is not working it’s stuck I can’t log in hours anyway.
Thanks for the help

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
lysis10
Community Member

It would be smarter to wait until you get your money to mess around with closing your account.

petra_r
Community Member

You don't have to request it. Close your contracts, withdraw any proposals you may have, withdraw your money, then close your account. It's all DIY.

Obviously wait until everything has been paid and all 4 tabs on your "Reports" page are at $0.00

angelkanday
Community Member

I’m so worried this is just unacceptable

Angie P wrote:
Is it safe to request a payment when I’m still waiting to receive a deposit into my bank account?

Yes, of course it is safe.

As you will be closing your account you need to withdraw your money anyway. 

Of course it seems very strange that you'd rather not earn the money at all anymore than to wait a few days, but of course if you'd rather wait no time for $0 than 2 to 5 days for money you earned, good luck to you.

That said, you did the whole "I am closing my account" song and dance 2 years ago already, and are still here... If you think for one minute that anything happens any faster because you threaten to close your account: It won't.

Angie P wrote:
I’m so worried this is just unacceptable

What in the world are you "so worried" about? How many days has it been? Unless it has been 8 business days (not including holidays and weekends) it's still within normal parameters. If you only withdrew on Wednesday, it's only been 2 business days...

In 10 years on Upwork I have never heard of money vanishing. It either arrives in your bank account or bounces back to your Upwork account.

I’m not threatening anyone I’m just asking and when you said I did the whole dance 2 years ago if you see it was because I didn’t receive my payment for more then 2 weeks and for me that’s not Okay I see nothing wrong with asking nor was I being rude at all, I was just wondering if I could get all my money at the same time so I will have no money pending you are very rude and inappropriate with your response and this is happening in all my payments
Thank you
Have a good day

Hi Angie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you wish to close your freelancer account, you need to close all contracts, withdraw all proposals and ensure that all payments have been received and withdrawn.

To close your freelancer account:

• Go to Settings  Contact Info  Click the Close my account link
  • If you meet the requirements, click the button to confirm that you want to close your account

Let us know if you need our assistance with closing your account and we will be happy to help. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you Nikola,
I will wait until I can withdraw the rest of my funds, since my tracker is not working it’s stuck I can’t log in hours anyway.
Thanks for the help

Hi Angie,

Could you please send us more information about your Desktop app issues so that we can check and assist you further with that?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I recommend that you do not close your account, as doing so will provide no benefit to you.

It would be more advantageous to simply not use your account for now, while still retaining control over it.

Thank you, I will.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members