🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I will most likely need to involve lawyer...
Page options
spencerwilliam80
Community Member

I will most likely need to involve lawyers after upwork's unjustifiable sabotage

Okay, Upwork has gone too far and did too much, and sabotaged me and as a result, the major catastrophe has occurred. I will be fronting the bill for the damage caused to Upwork, and their discriminatory and degrading means of support ( or lack thereof) has not even gotten me or my lawyer in touch with their lawyers. If anyone knows which location I should go to so that I can directly discuss the suit that I am filing against Upwork, please let me know so that way I can directly let Upwork know what they will face if they continue to treat me like I'm some expendable minority and this keeps going. I have enough documented grievances to proceed with the lawsuit. I need to know direct contacts or at least one representative counsel for Upwork and the main headquarters that makes the decisions everywhere. So what I am looking at doing is at least going if I have to go to a different state, I will but I want Upwork to at least publically show a signed and notarized revised terms with the damages caused that they will fix. I need the main office. If anyone can help with this information, I would be grateful. The info provided for legal is just a bunch of terms (which Upwork themselves violated) and I need people to talk to. And offer a small settlement. I plan to take Upwork to court unless they correct what they did to me, and I am sure many others. So I need the main office location ( the actual location) and their legal teams and a representative to set up a meeting.

19 REPLIES 19
tlbp
Community Member

Your attorney will know how to locate the appropriate address for service of process. Let them handle it. 

re: "So I need the main office location and their legal teams and a representative to set up a meeting."

Will you bring donuts?

Actually that sounds like a good idea. So hopefully if I remember to do so, I will, but if I forget and at the very least they agree to the terms, I can buy pizza at least, so that way once they sign the notarized commitment to do right by everyone, not just a select few, and I will have them do so in public. That is part of the settlement I am hoping ( but Upwork is just another elite corporation that focuses on their money instead of the people who use their service. So I won't be holding my breath. I never have seen a company go public and just go full insane so quickly. And that will be Upwork's undoing if they refuse our terms).

Yeah, if Upwork made it easy, he wouldn't be over billing me without a response from Upwork. I am not sure I trust my lawyer since he represented the guy who left me stranded in buffalo, but I trust Upwork even less considering the amount of damage they caused not just to my business, but to me in general. Anutech is faring better than I personally am. I want this damage corrected or settled. I let it go the last time, I won't be doing that again.

petra_r
Community Member

Spencer W wrote:

If anyone knows which location I should go to so that I can directly discuss the suit that I am filing against Upwork, please let me know.

That would be your lawyer's office.

Spencer W wrote:

I need the main office. If anyone can help with this information, I would be grateful.

So I need the main office location ( the actual location) 

I am sure your lawyer will find it easily enough, It takes about 20 seconds to find it on google

re: "If anyone knows which location I should go to so that I can directly discuss the suit that I am filing against Upwork"

Why not discuss your grievances right here in this thread?

Because I would get nowhere. My lawyer has done a better job convincing me about Upwork. Besides its the community. I am sure no one is going to help me destroy their livelihood because Upwork has caused me damage. I could go elsewhere easily, but I am not letting this go. I didn't let it go when that fat criminal left me stranded in buffalo.

Spencer W wrote:

Because I would get nowhere. My lawyer has done a better job convincing me about Upwork. Besides its the community. I am sure no one is going to help me destroy their livelihood because Upwork has caused me damage. I could go elsewhere easily, but I am not letting this go. I didn't let it go when that fat criminal left me stranded in buffalo.

So I take it the lawyer said "nope, not gonna happen" and won't represent you so now you're gonna pro se it and lose all on your own? Prolly should take the lawyers advice.

My lawyer must be incompetent then, because I am sure he still trying to bill me just to get nowhere. Yeah, I want that information directly from Upwork since I will be doing everything on my own. At worst, I am just paying him since he is able to practice law. I would love to find someone probono with a grudge, but I am going to save that in case the next meeting doesn't go well or they reject my proposal. I took on the dems in my small town and won. I know people rely on Upwork, but if Upwork actually cared, I wouldn't have had to go to the forums.

resultsassoc
Community Member

" ... if they continue to treat me like I'm some expendable minority ..." Upwork is an equal opportunity board. Every freelancer is treated as expendable, not to mention ignorant. Please trust me when I say, you would not gave been treated any differently were you white, green, plaid or Martian.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Yeah, people keep saying that. You might even believe that. The fact, of the matter, is if I couldn't prove it, I wouldn't boast it. Do you think I would risk going to court without evidence if they have unlimited funds while they took all my earnings and potential?

Spencer W wrote:

Do you think I would risk going to court without evidence if they have unlimited funds while they took all my earnings and potential?

What actually happened? Stop the ranting and blustering for a second and tell us what prompted this whole thing?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Spencer, 

I was unable to identify the issue with your account. But if you wish to proceed with legal action, we have the legal procedures in place, and you can refer to it here.

Update:

Apologies for the confusion, Spencer. I did find the communication you've had with our Support team earlier today. Please refer to the information our team provided and feel free to follow up on your open support ticket if you have any further questions and would like to continue the conversation. Thank you.

~ Avery
Upwork

re: "I was unable to identify the issue with your account."

The original poster explained what the issue is in his post. The issue is that he wants money. He said he will accept a small settlement.

Part of that settlement is a publically broadcasted signing a notarized commitment to improving the system so that this doesn't happen to anyone else, and to stop it happening to others. And to end the discrimination entirely. Or we can fight this in court. You don't know what damage Upwork has caused, I have nothing but time to fight. And from what I am getting off this community, I apparently hired someone incompetent, which means I will have to do this mostly on my own, and just use him as he is able to practice law. Yes, I will want the money they took from my escrow, the sabotage with the potential future earnings, reimbursement for the damages, including medical ( if this goes to court), among other things. Including every dime I spent while I was on Upwork. My account is private so it just since I had set up my portfolio via Upwork. Hopefully Upwork will agree to fix what they caused, but you'll understand I won't be holding my breath. I am already prepared to take this all the way, and will keep fighting as long as it takes. And no I won't settle if my initial terms are rejected.

lysis10
Community Member

Spencer W wrote:

Okay, Upwork has gone too far and did too much, and sabotaged me and as a result, the major catastrophe has occurred. I will be fronting the bill for the damage caused to Upwork, and their discriminatory and degrading means of support ( or lack thereof) has not even gotten me or my lawyer in touch with their lawyers. If anyone knows which location I should go to so that I can directly discuss the suit that I am filing against Upwork, please let me know so that way I can directly let Upwork know what they will face if they continue to treat me like I'm some expendable minority and this keeps going. I have enough documented grievances to proceed with the lawsuit. I need to know direct contacts or at least one representative counsel for Upwork and the main headquarters that makes the decisions everywhere. So what I am looking at doing is at least going if I have to go to a different state, I will but I want Upwork to at least publically show a signed and notarized revised terms with the damages caused that they will fix. I need the main office. If anyone can help with this information, I would be grateful. The info provided for legal is just a bunch of terms (which Upwork themselves violated) and I need people to talk to. And offer a small settlement. I plan to take Upwork to court unless they correct what they did to me, and I am sure many others. So I need the main office location ( the actual location) and their legal teams and a representative to set up a meeting.

lol this is cute because the lawyer handles this stuff.

re: "What actually happened? ...tell us what prompted this whole thing?"

Petra is right.

Lawyers typically cost money. Sometimes a lot of money. And rarely will a lawyer guarantee an outcome, especially in a case like this.

From a very pragmatic, practical perspective, it would not hurt to explain your situation.

Talking thinks over here in the Community Forum IS FREE.

99% of the time, people who post questions or problems in the Community Forum are able to get their questions answered or their issues resolved without going anywhere else.

Thanks for your help. I took a screenshot.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Spencer,

I see that a member of our executive escalations team recently updated your ticket and provided the information you were looking for. If you have any further questions, please feel free to post them on your support ticket.

I will be closing this thread from further replies.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths