cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I worked for client named **Edited for Community Guidelines**, but now he is not paying

smc-odesk
Ace Contributor
Steve M Member Since: Jan 31, 2016
11 of 15

obviously the job was hourly,

as I explained in the original post if it was fixed price I would not of had the problem.

I never time track and never will.

"When you say that the client eventually paid up, how exactly did the client pay you?"

after called him at work and threatened him,

he then came back to his upwork account and paid it as a bonus payment.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 15

@Steve M wrote:

Then don't claim that there is no protection for hourly work when you yourself choose not to avail yourself of the protection that is available.

smc-odesk
Ace Contributor
Steve M Member Since: Jan 31, 2016
13 of 15

Ok I will rephrase that comment

"there is no protection for hourly jobs,

unless you use the upwork timetracker **Edited for Community Guidelines** app"

is that better

kathrynbaughman
Community Guru
Kathryn B Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
14 of 15

@Steve M wrote:

obviously the job was hourly,

as I explained in the original post if it was fixed price I would not of had the problem.

"When you say that the client eventually paid up, how exactly did the client pay you?"

after called him at work and threatened him,

he then came back to his upwork account and paid it as a bonus payment.

Other than misinformation, am I the only one that is a bit concerned about this?  You called him at work and threatened him?  No.  Just no.  I cannot possibly be the only one that finds that entirely disturbing.

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
15 of 15

Hi Shyam,

I've checked and you were not hired by this client on Upwork. Please note that offering and accepting to be paid outside Upwork is a serious ToS violation. Please take screenshots of your conversations and report the client to Customer Support.

Please review these resources and specifically these safety tips before you continue submitting proposals.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS