🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I would like to apply for an hourly job, ...
Page options
d9533569
Community Member

I would like to apply for an hourly job, but how to quit if i get deployed?

would the client get upset? I get a call to deploy out of town ever 3 or 4 months, I have only 3 days to get there so i have to drop everything. How do i arrange to take jobs where the client would be OK with this? I have only hired once or twice and both times I ended the contract when I was ready. 

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

It's called "freelancing."

It is not "full-time work forever."

As long as you are up front with clients about what your availability is, that's all that matters.

I have hired over 100 freelancers on Upwork. Personally, I would not moind at all if they need to deploy every 3 or  months, because most of the time when I hire a freelancer, I want that person to work for me for an hour or two, and then I close the contract.

Many of the freelancers I hire are looking for short-term work and are specifically interested in jobs that start and end quickly.

As a freelancer, I'm not constantly "on call" for the freelancers I work for. Most of them don't care if I'm out of town for a few days, or a week...

I think that MOST Upwork clients would not mind your schedule at all. Just make sure they know before they hire you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members