cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wrongly sent payments to PayPal, how to cancel.

ricodesigns
Eric M Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
1 of 3

I wrongly sent payments to PayPal instead of wire transfer. Should I do a refund?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 3

re: "I wrongly sent payments to PayPal instead of wire transfer. Should I do a refund?"

Probably not.

A "refund" is a mechanism by which you can return money that a client paid you. You send money from your account back to a client who sent you money.

You don't want to do that, right?

If I understand correctly, you are simply unhappy that you withdrew money from your Upwork earnings to your PayPal account instead of doing a wire transfer.

In this case, you probably should not involve Upwork at all. Upwork is not a bank. Upwork sent you money, as you requested. The money is now in your PayPal account. If that is not where you want the money to be, Upwork can't reverse that action, because they can't control your PayPal account and the payment wasn't fraudulent or anything.

You should use your PayPal account (not the Upwork "refund" tool) to forward the money to whichever bank account you want the money to go to.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 3

You can't cancel it, and doing a refund would cause further problems and you would chase after the money for days.

Just link your bank account to your PayPal account and then transfer it, or go shopping on eBay with the money instead.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS