🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: IBAN help
Page options
tibinhas
Community Member

IBAN help

Hello, I'm trying to add the Direct to Local Bank payment method to my account but when I enter my IBAN number it says "Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country." even though it's the correct IBAN number. I've tried it with and without the first 2 digits, I don't know what to do. I'm from Portugal if that helps.

13 REPLIES 13
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Beatriz,

I suggest that you check with your bank regarding your IBAN number. They should be able to help you out with that.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I've checked with my bank and my IBAN number is correct (I'm from Portugal and this is the format https://www.bportugal.pt/page/iban ) 

When I insert it this message appears: 
 Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country.

Could you please help me solve it? Thanks in advance

Hi Beatriz,

Thanks for following up and checking on that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
e93da2e4
Community Member

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem, I am also from Portugal.

Could someone help, please?

Thank you!

Hello,

I have the same problem with my VAT from Portugal, that is 100% correct, but upwork could not verify it, and also this vies webpage.

So what should I do now in order to make it work?

Thanks in advance!

What number does the VAT number start with?

Hi Priscilla,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b13dc15b
Community Member

Hi! Did you solve the problem? I have the same.

Hi Maria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
7e988ed3
Community Member

Hi Nikola! 

I am also facing this issue and I am from Portugal aswell. 

Thanks

Hi Marta,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
carlos_sanches
Community Member

Hello! I'm facing the same issue, trying to place my bank details from Portugal.
Can you help?

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. Please allow our support team more time as they are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions via the ticket as soon as possible. You can access your support tickets here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths