🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » IBAN is different than account number and may...
Page options
ersinbarishizal
Community Member

IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country

IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country

written after i entered IBAN ..should i worry??

also when i enter my name ,warns me that ***Your name may only include letters, numbers, commas, periods, hyphens, colons, question marks, parenthesis, apostrophes, slashes, plus signs and spaces.

THE thıng is i have to use TURKISH character i mean my name is BARIŞ..

should ı care about it???

thcxx

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ersin,

Please contact your local bank and verify the IBAN number of your bank account, in order to add a valid IBAN when setting your withdrawal method.

Please type your name without the special characters, just like your profile name.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

55 REPLIES 55
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ersin,

Please contact your local bank and verify the IBAN number of your bank account, in order to add a valid IBAN when setting your withdrawal method.

Please type your name without the special characters, just like your profile name.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

thx for reply..but this is my regular İBAN using in too many internatıonal platforms such as ebay  paypal
so when its written "may vary by country" means my country varies somehow but its not important :)?just in case warnıng?? :)

Hi Ersin,

Please enter a valid IBAN and check back with us in case you experience any problems with your withdrawals.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi @Vladimir,

i have face same problem by adding local bank in payment method.

i have also collect info from my bank even swift code but still facing same error...

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your IBAN/payment method. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran 

I have the same issue , can some one contact me please ?
Thank you 

Hi Talel,

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan
thank you for your reply .

It's not the first time i use it , i'm sendind invoices based on this IBAN and receiving transferts for years .

Thank you for following up, Talel.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

ok , thank you .

Hello sir 

i have the same problem, and found the solution

(Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country.)

I have used my IBAN several times before with no problem,  

some times when you copy your IBAN number there is white spaces between the code numbers 

if you remove them your code will be accepted 

Hi Zeyad,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket, providing further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi

I am facing the same issue I use this IBAN on multiple plaforms but it is not working here. Validated by bank but problem still these. Please help.

Hi Rana Ahmed,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I'm facing same issue as mentioned above. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country. Can you please help me out?

Hi Muhammad,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I'm facing same issue as mentioned above. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country. Can you please help me out?

Hi Emre,

I escalated this to our team one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I solved my problem to deleting spaces in IBAN number

Issuing the same problem!

Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country.
Yes! I checked the iban and its correct and written correctly, I copied from the homebanking platform.
I also verified on iban.com/iban-checker - and it results the IBAN is fine (see attached image).

I will wait to be contacted!
Thank you!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Norbert,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket with more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi!

Yesterday I withdrawed money from upwork to my bank account. But I received no information about the day I will receive it.

I still have no money on my bank account

Hi Dariia,

For direct to local bank transfer, it may take 3-5 business days before the funds are reflected in your account. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi

I am facing the same issue I use this IBAN on multiple plaforms but it is not working here. Validated by bank but problem still these. Please help.

Hi Simone,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
57c15041
Community Member

Hi Vladimir,

We are also facing the same problem with the IBAN, while the one typed in is the one I regulary use. 

Best,

Hi Vladimir,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
4ddeebe8
Community Member

I have the same problem  

Invalid IBAN Number. IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country.
what should ı do

Hi Emir,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am using IBAN issued by my bank but I am still getting the same problem.

Hi Rizwan,

Can you please try to re-enter your IBAN number without any spaces? Let us know if the issue persists and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
vadym-tsupko
Community Member

Hello,

Got same error "IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country" appeared. So I can not submit my payment method.

I double check that there not spaces and IBAN is valid and I use same account name

Please contact me

Hi Vadym,

Could you please check with your bank to make sure you're entering your accurate IBAN in the correct format? Once they confirm and if it still doesn't work when adding your bank account, please let us know. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria, I did check with my bank. And double check the validity of iban via iban.com/iban-checker. Still the issue is present

Hi Vadym,

Thank you for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket here

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Nıcola,

Got same error "IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country" appeared. So I can not submit my payment method.

I  check that there not spaces and IBAN is valid 

Please contact me

Hi Gulefsan,

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting the same error. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have an issue with payment method. I have IBAN is different than account number and may vary by country. I connot submit it..

I double checked my IBAN, but still doesn't work.

Please, help me

Hi Dariia,

Just to confirm, did you checked with your bank that you`re entering the correct IBAN in the correct format? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jan 31
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths