🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can`t verify my ID
Page options
Danishka D Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Mary Grace,

The acceptable forms of ID vary by country and will be listed on the form. You should be able to submit your tax ID and if our team needs any additional information they reach out o you directly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Bengisu K Community Member

Hi, can`t verify my ID. what should I do?

Sid O Community Member

Hey, Bengisu.

Verification ID on Upwork requires 2 steps to complete:

1- Provide a valid government-issued ID

2- Complete a visual verification

You may need to check this article:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010609234-ID-Verification-Badge

Bengisu K Community Member

I read the article. Thanks. but there is no "identity verification" in my profile settings.  

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Bengisu,

This is expected behavior since you're still not eligible for this ID Verification Badge. Once we notify you that you are eligible or required to earn the badge, you will be able to access the Identity Verification tab in your Settings and complete the two stages of this process. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Kristine G Community Member

I already submit my ID and Visual selfie but until now get verfied my accout

Petra R Community Member

It'll be rather difficult to verify that you are the person in your profile picture, no?

Your profile picture must be a photo of yourself.

Yes I want it to change but i try to change the profile picture i cant make it because the error need to Verify your identity

Sushant B Community Member

I just checked out your profile.

Your profile fails to properly indicate what services you provide. Consider revamping it a bit if you want to win any jobs.

Hope it helps.

You mean i need to finish first my project to get Verified with identity?

Kristine G wrote:

You mean i need to finish first my project to get Verified with identity?

Yes, you need to win a job first. Then you will be required to verify your identity.

Petra R Community Member

No, he was giving you misinformation.

Your verification will fail because (obviously) it can't be verified that you are the person in your profile picture.

Wait to be contacted with the next steps.

How many days is took to have the result from upwork?

Petra R Community Member

Sushant B wrote:

As you know, you're yet to complete any job, therefore you cannot verify your identitys.

Incorrect. She has already been asked to do so!

Petra R wrote:

Her profile does not show any contracts in progress, so how? Maybe it hasn't been updated.

Petra R Community Member

Sushant B wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Her profile does not show any contracts in progress, so how? 

It doesn't matter. Upwork can ask to verify at any time, especially when a profile is in violation of the rules like the OPs. There doesn't have to be a contract.

I have a contract in progress now.

Can i still do that? When i waiting for notification from upwork?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Kristine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you via email as soon as possible to assist you further with your verification process. 

~ Nikola
Laniqua H Community Member

Hi

How long does it take to get my account verified?

Regards.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Laniqua,

We won't be able to provide specific information since this depends on many factors. I would like to let you know that only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge.

If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola

How do I become eligible?

I dont have the option to upload “Identity Verified” badge.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Laniqua,

Thank you for your message. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. You will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account if the team finds the need to verify your account. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Yi L Community Member

ID has been submitted on 2/8 and is still under reviewing, though it says would "take up to 1 business day".  Is it normal? Should I contact someone? Thank you!

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Yi,

I've checked with the team and they've confirmed that the review has been completed, you should now see the ID Verification Badge on your account. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members