🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
c84c2ae7
Community Member

ok thank you appreciated

44b14c8a
Community Member

I have submitted my passport copy for ID document verification on 2022-02-20. It was supposed to taken 1 business day. but sill now I have got no result. so please help to verify my ID documents.

Hi Saiful,

I followed up with the team and you should be able to see the badge on your profile now!

~Andrea
Upwork
44b14c8a
Community Member

Can I change my profile User name ?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md Saiful,

If you're referring to your User ID, it can't be changed.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
4f3f9919
Community Member

I have added ID on upwork. Can i add diffrent photo from ID? Or can i change id verification to new one? and what if i change profile picture to new one after ID verified. It say me "After review, we have determined that your profile photo does not meet ." Can it effect my profile?
Thanks in advance

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi  Hassan,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mjawwad7
Community Member

My visual verification process is not going further. It says seek help by contacting support, but all I get is blogs and articles about the issue which do not solve my problem. Please help. 

Regards, 

Jawad | Upwork Freelancer

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
morissa
Community Member

This is my second time posting in this forum seeking to get the issue with my verification sorted.

I have been trying unsuccessfully since the 15th to upload my id card. I posted in the forum seeking help and was contacted by upwork. They said they will get back in touch with me shortly. Although I am still waiting on them to contact me to have the problem rectified and was never able to upload my id card, when I click on the link to see the status of my request they have it as being solved but I am still seeing the below notice on my profile. 

Action required: Verify your identity by 02/23/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork.

I will really appreciate it if Upwork could assist me in getting this matter sorted out.

Hi Lucinna,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
7c91948b
Community Member

aaadssss.JPG

I'm required to fulffil my verification before 03-02-2022 but this is the errror that keeps showing up.

Hi Micka,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
0233a156
Community Member

Hi, good day for all.
I submitted my genuine National ID card for identity verification. But It's showing unable to verify. How can I verify it?

Thank you

Hi Ki,

I can see that you have already followed up on your ticket with the number 34081719 with additional questions. Our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for update.

Hi there! I can't pass the identity verification because I get an error when I press the " Get started" button.

Hi Daniil,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have done, but the message still persist. 

I have done the verification, but the rejected my ID. I tried to contact the Upwork customer service in other to tell them the ID, I used was the one general used and accepted in my country but to  no avail.

Please if I could get how to contact the customer service maybe from this community I would appreciate it. Thanks.

zdesign036
Community Member

I want to know do you match ID card image and the selfie image with upwork profile photo?

Hi Zaid,

I will not be able to share any details about our verification process. I checked your account and I can see that you're communicating with our team on your ticket. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
98ad8b03
Community Member

"Action required: Verify your identity by 03/02/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started." Please after this message appeared I could not get proposals for tons of jobs I applied for. I need urgent help because I already used more than 50 connects

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Valentine,

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. 

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed.

Thank you!  

~ Bojan
Upwork
98ad8b03
Community Member

I have done the verification, but the message still persist. 

I have done the verification, but .my ID was rejected. I tried to contact customer service  in other to tell them the ID, I used was the one general used and accepted in my country but to no avail.

Please I really need help because am new to Upwork, lost more than 50 connects and my proposals are not replied because of this issue. Thanks in advance.

I have marked your post to see if a mod appears and they can help you.

Hi Valentine,

It looks like you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding your verification. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Please, I have done the verification but my ID was rejected, the ID I used is the official ID used in my country. Please verify my account, so that I can receive feedbacks on my proposals, am new to Upwork and I have already lost more than 50 connects because of this issue.

98ad8b03
Community Member

I have done the proposal but it still pending

And I still got the error message

"Action required: Verify your identity by 03/02/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started."

And the worst of it all is that am still not getting feedbacks on the proposals I send to clients due to the error message and I have already lost more than 50 connects. Please someone should respond.

98ad8b03
Community Member

Action required: Verify your identity by 03/02/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started
Please no reply to my proposals because of this message

Three time's the charm? Don't spam. 

Valentine C wrote:
Action required: Verify your identity by 03/02/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started
Please no reply to my proposals because of this message

The message could not be clearer and tells you GET STARTED. Click and do it.
Once you've done it everything will be back to normal, but do it before the deadline.

I have done, but the message still persist. 

I have done the verification, but the rejected my ID. I tried to contact them in other to tell them the ID, I used was the one general used and accepted in my country but to ni no avail.

Please if I could get how to contact maybe from this community I would like it. Thanks.

6ce77873
Community Member

Do I need a verification badge for the job proposal?

Nope. If you can apply, you apply. verifcation badge is given after few jobs and an interview with Upwork Official .

Thank you, Saddam.

I have joined Upwork for about 40 days. But I am not getting any job. Is there any solution?

59898f7f
Community Member

It's been three days since I verified my account, but no one has. please help me

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
531e0148
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to verify my identity to release funds, however, the system keeps saying " We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue. " Does anyone know how can I fix this issue? I have contacted customer service 4 times with no response. 

Thanks,
Mohamed

Hi Mohamed,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
531e0148
Community Member

Thank you for the update, please let me know if I can provide any information regarding the matter.

Kind regards,

Mohamed
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members