🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Profile Picture change
Page options
Danishka D Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
Pujan C Community Member

Hi,

I am new to upwork. I have a problem with verification. I don't have a web cam. What can I do in this case? And I do not understand. My dashboard looks like this. After that, if you go to get start, successfully varify. please help. Add Image bellow.

Hi Pujan,

No worries! Please click on Continue and you can choose to complete via mobile. If you're still experiencing issues you can click on Speak with an Agent and someone from our team will be happy to assist you further.

~Andrea
Raj Kumar P Community Member

hi,

This is RAJ KUMAR PATHAK. I am a Freelancer. I have made a new profile on upwork.

but there is no option of ID Verification. How to verify my ID? how will i get Id verification Badge? What should i do now?

Please help me

Bruno S Community Member

Hello, 

There You cannot verify your account untill Upwork send you a notification asking to verify it.

To receive that notification, you must complete one job.

Thanks,

Bruno

Dmitrij S Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Dmitrij,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Ahmed Y Community Member

I've uploaded my driver's license to verify my identity and it worked. There's a small problem, though, my middle name is written incorrectly on my driver's license. It's a single letter (o vs a) but I don't like it this way. I want my full name to be displayed 100% correctly in certificates of earnings and other documents. 

Is there any way I can reset my identity verification and upload another ID?

Hi Ahmed,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Naveed A Community Member

Hi,

Have any idea for Governement ID Verfication is not showing on my setting. some body help me for this error....Also this message on browser when i am going for support site and click Governement Id Verfication. (Error 404 (N) Trace ID: acdb7eb1-34b6-4386-803d-d9a781b0f996)

Hi Naveed,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

~Andrea
Riko A Community Member

I've been active on upwork for about a month I just realized I don't have a verification id badge and I tried looking in the profile settings menu to verify it's not there, and I can't open the verification id link, what should I do to get a verification id please help me.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Rico,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Md. Shafiqur Rahma S Community Member

Hi everybody, a couple of days laters Upwork asked me to verify my identity. I have provided my national identity card and a selfie of mine.

Although more than 1 business day has passed, Upwork still asks me to verify my identity and shows me that they are verifying my identity.

I don't much time left, only two-three days, and if my identity is not verified within this timeframe. They will keep my account on hold and I will lose potential clients.

What can I do?

Thank you!

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Md. Shafiqur,

I checked with the team and you should be all set now. Also, the 'Identity Verified' badge is now showing on your profile. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Md. Shafiqur Rahma S Community Member

Thanks a lot, Aleksandar D. Completely satisfied with the service.

We have a long way to go!! ❤️

Husnain A Community Member

I have been asked to do identity verification from Upwork. But when I click on get started it gives me this error "We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue." Moderators, please help. Thanks  

Hi Husnain,

You should have no problems with the verification. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser to see if that helps? If it doesn't, please let us know and share a screenshot of the error so we can check and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Priyantha S Community Member

Am I free to change the profile picture anytime. If I changed It, Am I have to verify again. 

Hi Priyantha,

You can always update your profile picture. To do so, please go to your profile, hover over your profile picture and click on the pencil icon to open a popup window and make further changes. Please note that generally, a freelancer can be requested to verify information on their profile after making changes to it. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Gaurav A Community Member

Hi,

By mistake I uploaded incorrect profile picture. Now I want to change it but system is not allowing me to update it. Please let me know how I can change my profile picture. I do not want my account to be suspended because of this.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

Could you please try uploading your profile picture one more time? Let us know if you're still having trouble doing so.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I could upload the updated picture. Thanks for your help.

I wad getting the message that 

After review, we have determined that your profile photo does not meet Upwork requirements. Update your photo.

Can you please let me know if this requirement has been met now. Please let me know what are the next steps for me to ensure that my profile is in order. 

I have already submitted my Id and selfie.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Hi Aleksander,

Though I could upload the new photo, yet now two photos are visible. At the top is the old pic and at the profile is the new updated pic. Please suggest how I need to proceed.

Regards,

Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

I just checked and the updated profile picture is showing on your profile. It was probably a caching thing.

Regarding your verification, I checked with the team and as you already finished both steps, please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account and notify you if further steps are required from your end.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

IT worked. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members