🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Constantly getting Timed Out when trying ...
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
421ab9cd
Community Member

Hello, I'm from Brazil and I'm getting problems to identify my ID. Already done my visual verification but my ID verification keep getting denied.

The front of my ID has a photo and my signature, but it doesn't have all the information needed to complete the necessary verification. the back of my ID has more information, but no photo. what should I do? 

The problem is: I have two sides of a document but with lack of info in both sides. 

Hi Elton,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
e8e04aa2
Community Member

I have decided to begin my freelancing career on Upwork after a pretty serious injury broke my knee a few months ago and I made the difficult decision to leave my very physically demanding job. My ID expired embarassingly long ago, but just before COVID shutdowns began. I was an essential employee the whole time and between working full-time and quarantining, then catching COVID myself and dealing with it, I never made it to the DMV to get a new ID. I would just renew it online, but I'm living in a different state than my previous ID now so that's not an option for me. My passport expired years ago. I was going to finally be able to get to the DMV after being vaccinated in April, but then got hit by a car and broke my knee lol. Now I am almost able to walk enough to get myself to the DMV and hope to get there in the next week or 2 at the most!! However, once I get there I still won't have the actual ID for ~2 weeks, and Upwork is saying that I need to verify my identity by tomorrow in order to continue using the platform. I completely understand the need to verify identities and have 0 desire to get around that! My question is: is there any way to push the date that I need to be verified by to continue using Upwork back? Or is there any way I could verify my identity in some other less official way as a temporary measure? I have already completed a job, passed the readiness test, and become a "Rising Talent" and don't want to lose the momentum I've been building on here so far. Please help?

Hi Alexandria,

I'm sorry to hear about everything you've been through. While we're unable to extend the verification period please know that you'll be able to do your verification as soon as you have your new ID. While the hold is in place, you'll still be able to work on any existing contracts. 

Just in case you have any of these, please keep in mind that acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

~Andrea
Upwork
joe-pharell
Community Member

Hello, I need help verifying this account:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a231916de9e27009

this is the response I am getting;

Hi Joseph,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment which is why you can't access the page. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
rai_shahid
Community Member

Hi

I have an old account and started using it now but I am facing a problem with ID verification and don't know the reason.

When I press "Get Started" a blank screen appears and after some time it shows the following error. I have also attached screenshots for reference.
"We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue."

I am using Microsoft Edge as a browser

Regards

Rai Shahid

Edited for Community Guidelines

Hi Rai,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
820bd66f
Community Member

Please help me with this.

Hi Maria,

I checked and it looks like you need to verify your ID first before continuing with Visual Verification. Please know, acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

~Andrea
Upwork
820bd66f
Community Member

My national ID is still on process. I don't have any other government IDs.
What should I do? Are there any documents I could use as substitute?

Hi Maria, 

The acceptable forms of ID vary by country and will be listed on the form.

• This ID must include your picture, signature, name, date of birth, and address, with the exception of passports, which don't need your address
  • Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria

You can find more information in this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
c1ba2f43
Community Member

My Upwork says that I will need to do an ID verification by September 21 to continue winning jobs. I have lost my ID and ordered a new one, but it won't arrive for 2 weeks. I am wondering if Upwork can extend this timeline for me so I can have until October 7 to verify my ID so that I will have time for my new one to arrive. ID replacement must be done online where I live right now due to COVID-19 protocols. Thanks. 

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm sorry to hear you lost your ID. While we're unable to extend the verification period, please know that acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

If you don't have any documents that meet this, rest assured you will still be able to complete the verification as soon as you receive your ID, and while the hold is in place you can still work on any existing contracts.

~Andrea
Upwork
b227c765
Community Member

Hello upwork community,

I was unable to change my profile picture for my account verification.

I would have verified this but due to my busy schedule, I don't have the chance. please I will be glad if you can help me to solve this problem.

Thanks

Hi Ibironke,

I checked with the team and you should be able to update your profile picture now.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
c1ba2f43
Community Member

Hi Andrea, can you answer my question about waiting an extra 2 weeks to verify my ID? Thanks

Hi Elizabeth,

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. 

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
a9d22de9
Community Member

Hi! I'm Ted, I recently joined Upwork to become a freelancer. Help, I need to verify my identity first before getting a client. 

What are the requirements to be eligible in Identity Verification. I'm having hard time on how to get it.

I would be very grateful if you guys answer my question. Thank You!

Hi Jasper,

If you are eligible/required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for visual verification. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
abf445da
Community Member

I can't find the identity verification option. How long do I have to wait before i receive the message?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adewunmi,

We’re slowly rolling this badge out to all freelancers over the next few months. Once you become eligible for this badge, you’ll be notified when you log into Upwork.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
9fc7a46a
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I had submitted my ID for review before and it seemed to have been removed for some reason, this time I uploaded it again but only have until the 22nd of this month before I am placed on hold. 

Is there a way to speed up the verification process?

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for your message.

I am pleased to inform you that your ID verification has been approved now.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
inagaraj
Community Member

what is the process of getting ID verification? could you please let me know. 

Thanks in advance!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nagaraj,

We’re slowly rolling this badge out to all freelancers over the next few months. Once you become eligible for this badge, you’ll be notified when you log into Upwork.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e612926f
Community Member

Upwork has set a limit of 7 days (starting on 9/20) to verify my identity before my account is put on hold.

I have followed all the instructions for submitting the ID photo such as: 

-not using flash

-having it not be blurry

-making sure the photo shows my face, signature and such

-making sure it's the original document and not a photocopy, etc

Regardless of what i do the verification process fails for no apparent reason and a justification of what could've gone wrong isn't given, i'm just asked to try again another time.

Also as a last bit of information the selfie has been in review for days now.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexandre Gomes,

It looks like you’re communicating with our team regarding this concern via this ticket. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
5f6b310b
Community Member

Hello. May I ask if the "Voter's Certification" can be used as an alternative for "Voter's Id".

I have read from this resolution (attached below) that voter's certification is valid and can be used for all legal intents and purposes including government agencies or private offices requiring the presentation of a voter's ID card.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Yorong,

Unfortunately, the document you're referring to is not acceptable for verification. For more information, you can check this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
5919cebc
Community Member

Hello I am Chamodi,

I Can't do Id verificaton please help me.

Thank You.

Hi Chamodi,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. Please note that it cannot be requested, the team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
d5cd3f75
Community Member

How do I get verified?

After completion of one or two jobs, you will recieve an interview mail. After that interview, you will get verified badge.

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you.

Community Member

I don't see identity verification option in my settings.Screenshot 2021-12-25 105052.png

Sheikh M R wrote:

I don't see identity verification option in my settings.

Have you read the response Joanne Marie gave you?
When you have to verify your identity, you will receive a notice.
Until then, you don't have to do anything.

c423a248
Community Member

What are the requirements to get the blue badge? I always see the statement "do you're eligible"... What does that mean? Do I have to get my first job before I can be eligible?

How do I become eligible? Or I just wait to be contacted? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths