🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
abba9f35
Community Member

OK, Can this problem is solved within given time of verification. Because there is only 5 days left for verification.

7c2052cf
Community Member

I am unable to change my profile picture as it requires me to verify my identity. I tried verifying my identity but it was rejected as the picture on my pfp is blurry and does not match with the image on the document. So I am stuck in a loop now, Please help me fix this issue

Hi Manoj,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
77e7d3a6
Community Member

Hii, Plz let me know my account will be verified or not ??

I upload my ID and clear my visual verification also.

Hi Sanjana,

I can see that the team reached out to you directly regarding your verification process. Kindly refer to this support ticket for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
roden87
Community Member

Hi, I tried to verify my identity few days ago and it says it will be verified within 1 working day.
it's been almost a week and still has no update on it and I can't find other way to redo the process.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Roden,

Your verification was approved and your badge is now added to your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
stefasto
Community Member

Hey all,

my ID verification was declined because my ID photo did not match the photo on my Upwork account. So far, so good.

However, I can't update my profile photo because it says "Please verify your identity before uploading a new profile photo."

How can I break this circle?

Hi Stefan,

I checked your account and I can see that you were able to update your profile picture. Once you're ready feel free to start the verification process. Thank yoiu.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Goran,

thanks for your quick reply. At the moment, my verification process looks like this:

stefasto_0-1641820677178.png

Since I'm not looking directly into the camera, you rejected this photo. Now, I can't upload a new one unless you validate my ID photo - which you do not validate because it differs from my profile picture.

Hi Stefan,

The team has already cleared the issue for you to be able to upload a new profile picture and proceed with verification. Could you please confirm if you've tried updating your picture one more time? 

~Andrea
Upwork
91c28844
Community Member

Hello.

I recently registered and want to go through identity verification and video verification.

Help says that they will tell me when I can go through verification, but I have been waiting for several days.
in addition, in the settings I did not have a verification and identity verification section.

I want to go through verification so that later my account will not be blocked. I have linked my official payoneer wallet and can provide all the data (passport of my country and other documents) to confirm the authenticity of the account.

Please help me

Hi Nikita,

Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
8e8fafa5
Community Member

Hi Upwork community 

Two days ago I received an email from Upwork asks me for a Government ID I uploaded it but didn't get any email of verification but now when I click again on the link that I received of document uploaded i can see this  (Your identity was successfully verified on Thanks for helping to keep Upwork safe. Your ID will not be shared with clients) but still, identity badge is missing 

what's wrong please help

Hi Muhammad,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
1286006f
Community Member

Hello, I am from Philippines. Please help me. Can I use a PhilHealth ID for my verification? 

Hi Sunchine,

Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
cfd7df78
Community Member

Good day,

I am new to upwork and I got adive that I should get my identity verified before I start sending proposals. The issue is that the identity verification tab is invisible to me, I have tried to use the direct link in the help section but it only loads the page for a fraction of a second then it blocks it with "Page not found" error. I am at a loss here as I really want to start as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mazen,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
cfd7df78
Community Member

Thank you for the prompt reply, I will just have to wait then. Good luck on all your endevours.
6de957a9
Community Member

My drivers license expired on my birthday January 7 of this year I renewed my license way before my birthday, however in the state of Illinois, when renewing you are given a paper copy an the original will come in the mail in 3 weeks so how will my identity be verified so i can get paid?

Worst case scenario:
You can't withdraw funds until you verify your identity.

The money can stay in your Upwork account for many months.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ericka,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
f23b9f0b
Community Member

Hello,

i have been using upwork since december but i didn't get ID verification request.

How long should i use to get ID verification request.

Hi Isroiljon,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
bb324577
Community Member

Hi! 

I'm from Ph. I wonder if you could help me with the verification of my account

At the moment, the only id I have that matched my profile is my old passport which got expired in 2020.  I have TIN card but it bears my maiden name. I started updating my information to my married name but failed to do it with my id cards. 

Hi Jonnah,

Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria,

~Andrea
Upwork
9503b4b4
Community Member

Hi.
I am not able to verify my account as I dont have option in settions 
I have attached the screenshot from my account.
plus the link provided my support is also not working 

both proofs are attached

Hi Umair,

If you are required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for visual verification. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e21fac3b
Community Member

I am new on upwork. And I don't no How do I get a blue badge on Upwork?

After you earned some money.

After you get the first order, Upwork will verify you. After successful verification, you will get  blue badge.

558342c4
Community Member

I need assistance with verifying my account. I only have an outdated NBI Clearance and a Philehealth (government-issued) ID with my name spelled incorrectly. Can I send my available IDs along with my birth certificate and a self-certified (selfie photo holding my birth certificate, NBI Clearance, and Philhealth ID) photo?

Hi Russel Reigner,

The acceptable forms of ID vary by country and will be listed on the form.

• This ID must include your picture, signature, name, date of birth, and address, with the exception of passports, which don't need your address
  • Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria

You can read more about it here

~ Joanne
Upwork
6a23ab06
Community Member

I have sucesfully verfied my selfie verification but ID  verification are in pending from few days when it will be verified ?

fup.png

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and your verification is now approved. Congratulations on receiving the “Identity Verified” badge

Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
6a23ab06
Community Member

Hi , I have  successfully verified visual verification but my ID verification is in pending from few days when it will be verified?

Hi Muhammad,

Your ID is already verified. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you are able to see the “Identity Verified” badge on your end? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Doesn't look like it.

aventador99
Community Member

I'm facing some difficulties regarding my address verification as I'm a foreigner living in Egypt.
and the utility bills aren't under my name considering it's a rental.
I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, but I've run out of options.
and I'd appreciate it if the limitation can be lifted because I really need to get to work.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members